Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for the artists/poets/musicians of the forum

Type
    INTP

Question for the artists/poets/musicians of the forum

The powers that be have recently created a Hall of Fame forum where hopefully the best and brightest contributions of INTPx can be recognized. We have many really creative and talented members here that have shared their works in this particular forum.

How do you feel about a thread in the Hall of Fame where we can post/link to your art/music/poetry as a way to give special recognition to something we've really liked?

Yay? Nay? Don't care? Only under certain circumstances? Obviously you can opt out...

Thoughts?

Type
    INTP
    I like the idea. If it finds acceptance, I think we'll add such a thread.

Type
    INTP
    If only I had some talent or was hardworking enough to develop any.

Type
    xNxx
    Seems nice

Type
    INXj
    Nice idea.

Type
    intp
    Yea.

Also, I think people should just post that stuff more often, whether it's finished, or a masterpiece, or not. That would better suit the intp nature.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    The powers that be have recently created a Hall of Fame forum where hopefully the best and brightest contributions of INTPx can be recognized. We have many really creative and talented members here that have shared their works in this particular forum.

How do you feel about a thread in the Hall of Fame where we can post/link to your art/music/poetry as a way to give special recognition to something we've really liked?

Yay? Nay? Don't care? Only under certain circumstances? Obviously you can opt out...

Thoughts?
    Great, I come here to avoid my lack of accomplishment irl, and now I have to face that lack of accomplishment online too.

Boo.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Great, I come here to avoid my lack of accomplishment irl, and now I have to face that lack of accomplishment online too.

Boo.
    Then post stuff from when you used to have the energy to be creative

But I hear ya. I guess maybe because I gave up on my own creative urges many, many years ago, I like to live vicariously through those with enough drive to at least create a draft of something creative.

One of my favourite types of art pieces are unfinished ones, because you get a sense of what the artist had in mind, but it's not yet fully realized so your brain gets to fill in the blanks.

And you still have many years ahead of you before you can claim to be master of unaccomplishment. I've earned that title through years and years of wasted time dammit!

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    ...a thread in the Hall of Fame where we can post/link to your art/music/poetry...
    It shouldn't be republished in a public thread if it was in a private section. Other than that, I just think the forum isn't big enough for it to be worth cross referencing like that. And there wouldn't be experts making these decision, or even dozens of people voting on them. It may be the same person or two choosing sappy poems and cute cat drawings.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    It shouldn't be republished in a public thread if it was in a private section.
    Of course! That's why I specifically mentioned this forum.

Other than that, I just think the forum isn't big enough for it to be worth cross referencing like that. And there wouldn't be experts making these decision, or even dozens of people voting on them. It may be the same person or two choosing sappy poems and cute cat drawings.
    I'm more concerned with the opinions of the people who have posted their own creative content, or might in the future, than those who clearly haven't paid attention to the caliber of art that members here are capable of.