Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for the artists/poets/musicians of the forum

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    Of course! That's why I specifically mentioned this forum.

I'm more concerned with the opinions of the people who have posted their own creative content, or might in the future, than those who clearly haven't paid attention to the caliber of art that members here are capable of.
    I've noticed the caliber of art from jiggles and kali. A few especially good things from the last several years. I don't think it's enough for it to be worth while. Maybe there's more stuff than I realize.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    Maybe there's more stuff than I realize.
    And that's why I like my idea, maybe you'll even branch out from only noticing creative content of people you have crushes on.

Type
    INTP
    And that's why I like my idea, maybe you'll even branch out from only noticing creative content of people you have crushes on.
    I appreciate some of Limey's photos and I don't have a crush on him. I'm not into poetry. OK, I'm curious to see what I missed that would make the cut but I've browsed and I don't think there's enough.

I don't know how to appropriately talk about my state of crushness on forum members so I'll leave it at that.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    xNxx
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    I've noticed the caliber of art from jiggles and kali. A few especially good things from the last several years. I don't think it's enough for it to be worth while. Maybe there's more stuff than I realize.
    worthwhile to whom? the person posting it? the person reading the post? we trying to save server space?

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    i associate this forum with anonymity and negativity, so that's a problem.

i'd have to see how it's done
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    i associate this forum with anonymity and negativity, so that's a problem.

i'd have to see how it's done
    You do have a good point about the prevalent negativity on the forum. Perhaps this would need to be moderated heavily, where only constructive criticism is tolerated, because frustrated, toxic harpies and gargoyles like to kick other people's sand castles to the ground.

So yeah a) the artist should be okay with it (could we say anything posted in this particular forum is fair game? If posted in a private 'member's only' thread or forum, don't touch?
    b) It would require moderator intervention to swiftly take care of the BIOTCH threat.

BarIII, good point about photography!

Type
    INTP
    One of my favourite types of art pieces are unfinished ones, because you get a sense of what the artist had in mind, but it's not yet fully realized so your brain gets to fill in the blanks.
    I get to that point with all of my art...where I get a sense for what I had in mind, and my brain fills in the blanks so that I see the finished product when I look at it...problem is, it's tough to be motivated to toil away on something that no longer intrigues me. I need a clientele like yourself, who can see what the blanks look like, filled...
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Robcore View Post
    I need a clientele like yourself, who can see what the blanks look like, filled...
    I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who is quite keen on purchasing or commissioning pieces by members here. (Although my budget is quite meager )

Type
    INTP

my latest doodle...not really refined to a quality finish...but you get the idea. I'd have to sharpen my pencil and erase some stuff to tighten it up, lol...you get the idea, though.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INTP
    Not fair, Rob, you cannot start by intimidating others from posting their artwork
    (I'll post more in your blog thread, so as not to derail this thread)