Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are you, your MBTI type?

Type
    XNTP

Why are you, your MBTI type?

I would like to start by pointing out that I am of the opinion that MBTI should be primarily a tool for self-analysis. With that in mind.

Why do you believe you are your MBTI Type?

Are more exactly, what parts of your personality lead you to identify with your MBTI type?
    If you have any questions about my writing skills, fill free to look up my discussion about this on the thread: My Writing Skills

You are the worlds foremost expert on yourself.

Type
    XNTP
    The reason I classify myself as an "X" NTP because when asked the question, "Do you gain/loss energy when the level of external stimuli increase/decrease?", my answer is honestly neither. This seems to be the crucial question that almost every I and E, I've meet have an easy answer for. Since this factor doesn't seem to factor into my personality I classify myself as an X. My wife has told me and I have seen that too much outside information can cripple her for a short period of time.

The reason I classify myself as an X "N" TP is because when asked the question, "Do you focus on the present concrete reality or dream of how you believe the future ought to be?", my answer is honestly, I'm a dreamer and idealist. While I understand the concrete, I prefer to live in an open ended world of possibilities. While I accept that absolute truth exists I can't proclaim to know what it is. However, if I only know a fraction of absolute truth then I am better off. My wife only sees what is in front of her. While she loves my dreams and aspiration she has admitted to me that without me she would likely never plan or dream past the next year. For me, my wife often acts like a reality check when my aspiration become too unrealistic.

The reason I classify myself as an XN "T" P is because when asked the question, "Do you make decisions primarily based on your reasoning ability or your sense of correctness?", my answer is my ability to reason. This doesn't have to do with my intelligence at all. There isn't a right or wrong way to make decisions as my wife and I have very different ways of processing information but we mostly agree on most, controversial issues. I might also argue that my wife may be better classified as an ISXJ as she does attempt to reason out her choices even if it's to a lesser degree than myself.

The reasons I classify myself as an XNT "P" is because when asked the question, "Do you prefer as structured or a flexible life style", my honest answer is I need flexibility. Life is too chaotic for me to be bound to strict rules. While I have learned to accept that many people need strict order to achieve meaningful ends. I find that order is best for me when it is focused on a specific task and everything else around me is free to move as its intended to. On the other hand, my wife falls apart if she goes too long without following her detailed morning routine.
    If you have any questions about my writing skills, fill free to look up my discussion about this on the thread: My Writing Skills

Type
    INTP
    I am, because I was born this way.

I, because people suck, totally anti-social.
    N, because the sensors don't want me.
    T, because what are feelings even?
    P, would be late to my own funeral.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    XNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I am, because I was born this way.

I, because people suck, totally anti-social.
    In MBTI terminology Introversion doesn't mean Anti-social and Extrovert Pro-Social. You could be an anti-social Extrovert (one who gathers stimuli from the external world) or an Anti-social Introvert (one that gather stimuli from with in)
    N, because the sensors don't want me.
    Who care's what they want it's not a social club
    T, because what are feelings even?
    Emotional immaturity comes in both flavors too. It just far more dangers for Feelers that base their choices upon feelings.
    P, would be late to my own funeral.
    You probably are a P than but honestly, you could be a very very neurotic J. If a P is late they generally not care. If a J is late then there is hell to pay.
    None of this to argue that your not INTP maybe your are. However, your flaws could just as easily be attributed to any type.

However, I choose to assume that your sanity is intake so I would defiantly give you the P for sure.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by AntisocialENTP View Post
    None of this to argue that your not INTP maybe your are. However, your flaws could just as easily be attributed to any type.

However, I choose to assume that your sanity is intake so I would defiantly give you the P for sure.
    Well, I was only messin with my answers..

But I'm consistently typed as INTX.

I know I'm an introvert, because I will deprive myself of sleep for 40 hours if it means I can get just 6 alone!

I know I'm a Intuitive, because the details rarely interest me, and I make connections in abstract ways.

T, I don't know how feelers work. I just know they are annoying and sometimes useful. I actually have a Feeler friend @itch who helps me to interpret other people's emotions.

I know I'm a P because I'll usually answer a question with a question. I can sometimes come across as a J when my Virgo perfectionism is at play.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    XNTP

You could be J or any type with those answers. However, it's my opinion that J types tend to need things to go as planned when they don't they tend to go a bit crazy. So, if you were a J type and things never happened on time. You wouldn't likely also be a sane person.

But then again I'm generalizing and these are all spectrums.

Type
    XNTP

I know I'm an introvert, because I will deprive myself of sleep for 40 hours if it means I can get just 6 alone!

I know I'm a Intuitive, because the details rarely interest me, and I make connections in abstract ways.

T, I don't know how feelers work. I just know they are annoying and sometimes useful. I actually have a Feeler friend @itch who helps me to interpret other people's emotions.

I know I'm a P because I'll usually answer a question with a question. I can sometimes come across as a J when my Virgo perfectionism is at play.
    Interesting, sorry about nix picking before. I think if you believe you are an INTP and thinking of your self in such as way benefits you, then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. I'm just given you so much observation because no one else has posted and I'm bored. A little P coming out of me.

Type
    XNTP
    There only one person on here brave enough to defend their reasoning on their self-assessed MBTI type.

Also, the I professionally assisted as a such and such type doesn't really work, because, professional assessors no matter how knowledgeable they may be on the subject can never understand you as well as you could understand yourself. You are the one subject you can honestly, claim to be the world leading expert on.

Type
    INTP
    I am INTP because matters in the head have string associations with the dynamic theory of mindlessness. Jung posited that the light fractals are cyclical in nature and this is so.

Type
    XNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    I am INTP because matters in the head have string associations with the dynamic theory of mindlessness. Jung posited that the light fractals are cyclical in nature and this is so.
    I think this is an NT thing generally, I can relate to the string associations too. Then again I've somewhere between INTP and ENTP.