Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are you, your MBTI type?

Type
    INTP
    I'm starting to think you're Polemarch.

Type
    INTP
    Typed as INFJ as a teenager. Typed as a INTJ in my 20's. Studied it more deeply and realized oh shit, I'm an INTP, in my 30's. Also found that INTP's commonly type initially as INTJ's, or INFJ's.

Now I've got 50+ years of evidence that I'm an INTP, and in fact everybody is their type, more than they probably realize. MBTI is more than a self analysis tool - simple example; Trump. ESTP. Plain as day, and explains so much. Helps with the pain of his Presidency too, as you realize he's not entirely a psychopath, but just your run of the mill ESTP.

full of shit Dr. Fungi the Fifth's Avatar
    Type
    intp
    I: I love hanging out and bullshitting with close friends, but if I don't know people well, I find interaction to often be incredibly awkward and I try to escape as quickly as possible.
    N: I'm naturally an abstract thinker that loves thinking about possibilities, but not as good as realizing practical possibilities.
    T: I'm getting much better at lending my support to people nowadays, but I don't believe that emotions have any place with solid, objective decision-making.
    P: I'm far too spontaneous and improvisational in most of my endeavors to be a J?

I don't think my "I" or "P" are particularly strong, however, especially as I get older.

The above is just my own biased analysis, however.

The better "proof" is the interactions I have between my immediate family: Sister (INTJ), Father (ISTJ), and Mother (ESFJ). Any analysis done on the compatibility and relations between these types is pretty much spot-on with how we interact. My sister sometimes gets lost with my train of thought, my father doesn't understand my motivations behind anything, and my mother thinks I'm an evil robot.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Baby I was born this way.
    Seriously, since I was two, I can remember a knee-jerk get the fuck away from me M.O. when old ladies would want to coo.
    Gathering intel in binders since age 8, building systems, acting upon plans and not just putting up with my lot. All inherent. Mostly Nature.

Jazz peenist Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTX
    I think of extroversion as a skill. I think I rationalized introversion over the years. Quiet time is nice, but it's still a good muscle to flex. Good to embrace it. Though, I can be pretty alienated, so I find myself alone a lot as well.

In a world of sensors, I often feel shamed for being an intuitive, like wearing a pair of Gucci shoes in the ghetto.

Kinda similar to introversion, I think I kinda rationalized being unemotional and not embracing my feelings, because as a teenager, it was the Cool thing to be unemotional, as I knew a lot of INTJs, but in the end, I don't really think that's me, perhaps as a learned behavior.

I test as a J now, fairly consistently, but I'm still kinda in between. INTJ actually fits pretty well.

Senior Member Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    infj
    There was a poll at the old place. They picked infj. I said no. I am Taur.

full of shit Dr. Fungi the Fifth's Avatar
    Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Jelly View Post
    I think of extroversion as a skill. I think I rationalized introversion over the years. Quiet time is nice, but it's still a good muscle to flex. Good to embrace it. Though, I can be pretty alienated, so I find myself alone a lot as well.
    I disagree (respectfully). I think socializing and communicating are skills, as opposed to extroversion/introversion are just tendencies, like the the other preferences.

I am getting pretty good (at least I think I am) at figuring out what makes other people "tick" in real life and socializing with them with this in mind. However, I only seek out these interactions with people I'm close to. At the end of the day, I think it comes down to if you are more "at home" when you are alone or among people.

Jazz peenist Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTX
    Quote Originally Posted by md5fungi View Post
    I disagree (respectfully). I think socializing and communicating are skills, as opposed to extroversion/introversion are just tendencies, like the the other preferences.

I am getting pretty good (at least I think I am) at figuring out what makes other people "tick" in real life and socializing with them with this in mind. However, I only seek out these interactions with people I'm close to. At the end of the day, I think it comes down to if you are more "at home" when you are alone or among people.
    For example, in order to even have a personality type, you gotta socialize to even express it, to figure out what makes people tick, to be that cunning sociopath, requires some level of extroversion, the means to express those emergent properties.

Type
    XNTP
    It's odd how my many people confuse social interactivity with Myres and Briggs, Extroversion and Introversion here.

The I/E dichotomy is your input dichotomy and you T/F dichotomy is you're out put dichotomy. This is the reason most T types are socially introverted. Because T types express themselves to rationality. This comes across cold and aloof making T types much less socially welcome. Therefore Anti Social or socially Introverted.

Myres and Briggs Classify Introversion and Extroversion typology by your source of inspiration, energy, or stimuli. And Introvert would be someone that draws insight and inspiration within themselves. While Extroverts draw their insight and inspiration from their surroundings.

Understand this for me personally is the reason I no longer identify with Introversion even though is am an anti social outcast, who would rather hang out on an anonymous forum then use the energy to meet and socialize with new people.

However, unlike most of the introverts on this site, I am using this gather information as I do incorporate out stimuli regularly. My only issue with embracing the Extroversion is that I spend most of my relaxing time isolated from everything and I, prefer that.

That said I also don't feel recharged during relaxing times. While inspiration and energy can come go at any time. I'm actually quite chill and rather just relax then experience the manic episodes I sometimes have. My wife often says I am bio polar without the depression side. I'm either mellow are manic with little in between or lower.

P.S. Yes, some of my super long rants happen when I am manic. (I'm not right now my brain is just rolling though)
    If you have any questions about my writing skills, fill free to look up my discussion about this on the thread: My Writing Skills

You are the worlds foremost expert on yourself.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    i'm INTP in the mbti system but it's not really my "identity." i'm much more well rounded than any INTP profile or description i've ever come across.

within the system i really don't think i'm any of the other types. NTP is so specific as a description of a temperament... i'm def introverted, and NTP.
    I was fine when I came, and fine when I left.