Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The INTPx Artist showcase - curated by our members

Type
    INTP

The INTPx Artist showcase - curated by our members

Welcome to the INTPx Artist Showcase, curated by our members. Before posting a link to member created art, please make sure they have given us permission to sing their praises, and that it originated in the Projects & Creativity forum (not a private blog, not a thread in a private forum):

Hall of Fame Permission Poll

This index will be updated with artist members who have opted in, along with links to their threads in the Projects & Creativity forum.

Artists: If you want to be a part of this, please give you permission in the Hall of Fame Permission Poll. If someone posts anything you'd like us to take down, please contact me or a moderator.

@AntisocialENTP
    None found
    @kali
    @last_caress
    @Limey
    @Robcore
    @stigmatica
    None found
    Last edited by Mxx; 08-06-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Type
    INTP
    From @Limey's thread, Limey's photographs

Really hard to pick a favourite here, but I'll go for the New York City morning. Although I'm a nature girl, I love empty cityscapes (like in the beginning of 28 days later, or I am Legend). The photo has the same quality as the cinematography of a Christopher Nolan film.

Bonus pick: LOL

Type
    INTP
    From @kali's thread, Does anyone want to be painted.

Her painting of @gator is just lovely, through and through.

Type
    INTP
    We have to recognize kali's creativity too but I'll let someone else choose.

(realistic portraits are mostly technical)
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INTP
    From @last_caress's thread, LC's sketchbook :

LOVE!

At first I thought it was tears/make-up running down a defiantly beautiful face, but LC let me know it's more like blood... Reminds me of True Blood, where the vampires cry blood tears.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    From @kali's thread, Does anyone want to be painted.

Her painting of @gator is just lovely, through and through.
    I like it too.

Type
    INTP
    From @Robcore's thread, Robcore's Old Art Dump:

Oddly, in a predominantly character based collection, I found myself really liking the fun with pantone markers. Perhaps because it was surrounded by people, I found it soothing, ha. An understated simplicity.

Of the character pieces, these were my two favourites:

Elektra
    This guy

Sexy and fierce, handsome and kickass.

I don't want to be pushy, but I know that @jigglypuff is a professional artist.. or has been? Anyway, long ago? I recall some art she was contracted to make on the street. I think we have a talent in jigglypuff that not many people are aware of. But.. you know... I don't want to force introverted comforts too much? Cause, I get that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    my crime is that i disrupted the echo chamber

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    I don't want to be pushy, but I know that @jigglypuff is a professional artist.. or has been? Anyway, long ago? I recall some art she was contracted to make on the street. I think we have a talent in jigglypuff that not many people are aware of. But.. you know... I don't want to force introverted comforts too much? Cause, I get that.
    Not that we wouldn't want to showcase members who are "proper" professionals, but I could totally see how members who have pursued art/music as a career (like stuck and Sappho) might not want to participate. That's work for them. Who the hell wants to come to the forum to talk about their work? I imagine they come here to chill, unwind, and not have to be in work mode.

Not to mention, if they do have a professional career, they probably wouldn't want the public to find them here, where we let people like BIOTCH's persona roam wild, or God forbid they stumble upon a JohnClay thread.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    From @Limey's thread, Limey's photographs

Really hard to pick a favourite here, but I'll go for the New York City morning. Although I'm a nature girl, I love empty cityscapes (like in the beginning of 28 days later, or I am Legend). The photo has the same quality as the cinematography of a Christopher Nolan film.

Bonus pick: LOL
    Thank you. Thank you!

With that New York city landscape, I had the movie AI in mind when processing it, (the blue fairy at the end of the world) where all of the people were gone and it was presumably after a future sea level rise. While I didn't add water, I do have another where I removed all steam and signs from buildings and cars and people from the streets. This is a theme in some of my photos that I call "desolation", having done the same in Chicago and other tourist destinations to remove all signs of life from a scene.

Here is the desolate version of the New York morning

The location is the very top floor of "top o' the rock" - 30 Rockefeller center. A lot of tourists will go up to the roof and peer out from behind the tall perspex shields, blissfully unaware that if they walk around a little bit up there, they can find a hidden staircase in a brick alcove that takes you to the very top of the roof, which was also the end scene of the movie The adjustment bureau: [spoiler alert] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqmsnG8nE3c

I had been up there the night before and had some great pictures. Having bought a 24 hour pass and leaving for home that morning, I decided to pay it one more 9am visit since the sun was out. It was a bitter 27F at ground level plus a wind chill, so it was really cold up there. I didn't have a hat or ear protection, so I couldn't stay for long (I suffer for some of these pictures!)

In that picture, I like that the Verrazano narrow bridge is well visible. I measured it in google earth as exactly eleven miles from the viewpoint.

edit: funnily enough, I see Terence Stamp, there in the movie end scene, who also starred in a movie called "the Limey" - it all comes full circle!

The "bonus pick" is a female Australian cattle dog called Roxy, she's a little bit crazy and sadly lost an eye to a truck recently, likely trying to bite the tyre. I will probably never see her again. I can remember both her as a pup and her predecessor "Rowdy" who grew up, grew old and died.
    It's nice to get good pictures of dogs for people, they don't know how much they value a good picture of their pet until the pet is gone.