Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tremendous balderdash

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    I'm thoroughly disappointed in your channeling of this great character. He is a beloved moaner, not an attention seeker. You sir, are no Karl Pilkington.

Fuck me, that made me laugh so hard again.

Hm. There was this magazine cover, The Economist maybe, with some bloated politician. They were depicted as this deranged bully whose enlarged index finger is being shoved into some poor intern's eyeball, as the politician laughs in hysteria. Your typical hyperbolic political cartoon.

When I read things people write it's hard for me to take them serious, kinda like that magazine cover. But if it points to a shortcoming, like no matter how hard I try to be funny I'm not (argh), and it provokes me to honestly face myself. And ya know, we're all just people shuffling through life trying to come to terms with our impermanence and imperfection. We all have failings that often derive from just general assumptions of our time, about others and about things, about our place in society, which isn't easy to extricate ourselves from. We come to know this from our own experiences, and it's hard to learn; it's hard to learn about ourselves ... but when we do, and that picture of ourselves breaks into consciousness, it changes our perception. This can be distressing. I felt this way about what you said and started rehearsing my diffulties.

Sometimes I think our focus can be too narrow and critical about people. Personally, I've come to accept that it's only natural to look to others to emulate; and appreciate how fun and silly the irony of not measuring up is. It helps me to enjoy life. To me Karl is this rare personality archetype of the British Isles working class. He's got this off kilter clever humor that makes me smile and feel good about myself.

Everyone has a sensitive area, everyone has a capacity for self-denial. Confronting it sucks. But that's life.

What makes you smile and feel good about yourself?
    Last edited by Karl Pilkington; 09-15-2017 at 04:59 AM. Reason: paragrah formatting

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky balbotox View Post
    Is this actually Karl? I spent like 4 hours looking for Mexican jumping beans online for him like a year ago

Karl come back
    No.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Pilkington View Post
    Hm. There was this magazine cover, The Economist maybe, with some bloated politician. They were depicted as this deranged bully whose enlarged index finger is being shoved into some poor intern's eyeball, as the politician laughs in hysteria. Your typical hyperbolic political cartoon.

When I read things people write it's hard for me to take them serious, kinda like that magazine cover. But if it points to a shortcoming, like no matter how hard I try to be funny I'm not (argh), and it provokes me to honestly face myself. And ya know, we're all just people shuffling through life trying to come to terms with our impermanence and imperfection. We all have failings that often derive from just general assumptions of our time, about others and about things, about our place in society, which isn't easy to extricate ourselves from. We come to know this from our own experiences, and it's hard to learn; it's hard to learn about ourselves ... but when we do, and that picture of ourselves breaks into consciousness, it changes our perception. This can be distressing. I felt this way about what you said and started rehearsing my diffulties.

Sometimes I think our focus can be too narrow and critical about people. Personally, I've come to accept that it's only natural to look to others to emulate; and appreciate how fun and silly the irony of not measuring up is. It helps me to enjoy life. To me Karl is this rare personality archetype of the British Isles working class. He's got this off kilter clever humor that makes me smile and feel good about myself.

Everyone has a sensitive area, everyone has a capacity for self-denial. Confronting it sucks. But that's life.
    Dude, if you just posted like that (who you are), I'm sure you'd fit right in. We're all a bunch of introspective navel-gazers.

What makes you smile and feel good about yourself?
    Kissing and cuddling. Consent optional.

Type
    xxxx
    I quite like this thread title. And seeing as my original introduction thread was on intpcentral perhaps the moderators would kindly consider relocating this as a blog when my thread count increase? Thanks in advance.