Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We need more VR threads

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    Yes! I want to do ballearic pumping on expert plus at some vive demo, but I've yet to run across one. The plan is to put on the full old lady act as I get myself into the headset then "accidentally" put it on expert plus.

PS: just installed my 2080ti this morning.
    Daaaamn. I'm at like 85% speed on expert on Legend. 70% for Breezer and maybe 65% for Ballearic Pumping. I do fine on most of the rushes, but the mid song mixups still catch me.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Daaaamn. I'm at like 85% speed on expert on Legend. 70% for Breezer and maybe 65% for Ballearic Pumping. I do fine on most of the rushes, but the mid song mixups still catch me.
    When I passed Ballearic Pumping on Expert for the first time, I was so fucking excited my husband thought I'd lost my mind. I remember complaining to Oxyjen that it wasn't possible. I remember losing my temper a couple of times because there was no fucking way any human being could possibly pass that fucking song on Expert. Back then we didn't have the option of slowing the song down, nor did we have expert plus, or third party songs for that matter, lol. I feel sortof silly about it now. According to Steam I've played 272 hours of beatsaber. Probably about 10 of those are other people, but nowadays my face cushion is so disgusting it seems rude to offer to let anyone else stick it on their face. It's too much like offering to let someone else use your used sweat band or something.

I've been using the mod that stitches 30 minutes of songs together and playing on expert plus for practice even though it doesn't give you scores, and at expert plus, that's sweaty work. I have two fans I point at myself and I play in boxers and sports bra.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Spent some time with my new gpu. It's like discovering VR all over again.

The holy shit moment was when I was standing under a tree that was swaying in the breeze in the moonlight and the shadows of the tree were swaying on the ground beneath me.

Also skyrim is a whole different game now...for one thing it's supremely playable, whereas before it was a glitchfest. But mostly it's just jaw dropping beautiful. I think that's why you see it near the top of the most played single player vr games consistently.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    I just failed ballearic pumping on plus five times in a row. Yesterday I was breezing it. Beat Saber is like that sometimes. The expert plus on the new camelia songs, holy shit! Got some work to do if I'm going to pass those. I still have yet to pass a few of the original soundtrack songs on plus.

In other news, I ran across a plus plus song today. Ummm.... just no.

I also found a ten lane song! It looks so fun. Unfortunately my walls are in the way. I did try. All I have to say about that is "ow."

It just hit me...I can orient the play space at a diagonal and if I squeeze the immaterial part of my light sabers through the wall I can do it! I'm almost sure of it.