Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We need more VR threads

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I watched Elton John in Youtube VR - I was really impressed:

I couldn't figure out how to switch between the videos horizontally though in the interface.

I also watched some movies in SBS (side by side) format in Skybox VR in a virtual cinema - the chairs around me looked photorealistic.

Type
    ISFP
    Skyrim in VR is absolutely awful. The controls are jerky as fuck and it's just set up so awkwardly. I regret this.

As another user mentioned the cord in the way just pisses ke off. On skyrim I lose my balance a lot too. To swim underwater you've got to crouch down a bit and that fuckin hurts my back. I dunno I'm just not a fan of skyrim on ve.

Beat sabers is cool though

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    BTW I started to get motion sickness when playing quite a bit of Doom VFR. Luckily I only paid A$25 (half price). Before that I had only gotten motion sickness with PS4 VR.

Quote Originally Posted by rokki balbotox View Post
    Skyrim in VR is absolutely awful. The controls are jerky as fuck and it's just set up so awkwardly. I regret this.

As another user mentioned the cord in the way just pisses ke off. On skyrim I lose my balance a lot too. To swim underwater you've got to crouch down a bit and that fuckin hurts my back. I dunno I'm just not a fan of skyrim on ve.

Beat sabers is cool though
    I set the controls so that swimming isn't like that. My VR is wireless now, so I don't have to fuck with that...that helps a lot. I'm so used to the controls now that I don't notice them anymore. I set myself so that I have to crouch to sneak, which adds a whole level of difficulty. Skyrim is now a thigh workout, lol.

I'm so in love with Beat Saber. I've gotten really good at it, which is funny because I went on this whole whiny frustrated spiel when I first started playing about how someone my age couldn't possibly move fast enough to play on expert. Now I play almost exclusively on expert plus level...which gets me into cardio and peak heart rate zones. I play about an hour or two a day. Been pretty good for me as a whole. I'm in the top 500 in the world some of the core game's songs now, to give you an idea of the level of my obsession, lol. I'm just waiting for them to make it an olympic sport.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle