Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flowers

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner

Flowers

Do you have any flowers you're particularly fond of?

I've come to love freesias. They're kinda fractal-y, they smell lovely. They make a bouquet dainty and quaint.

Roses - so hardy, so beautiful. I love the variegated varieties. The pink and white ones look like strawberries and cream.

Poppies - weird as hell, beautiful when blooming.

Celosias - look like brains! I love them!! Especially pink. and yellow. and green. all together.

My favourite bouquet - apricot roses, pink lisianthus, lavender, dusty miller foliage. Holy shit, beautiful.

Flowers that are meh:

Delphiniums - visually stunning but are structurally flimsy, shed all over the place in maturation. If delph was a woman I'd avoid her.

Iris - small, meek, and undeservingly loud.

Gerberas - daisies on steroids, cheapen any bouquet.
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Colymbosathon ecplecticos BarIII's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Orchids and African violets.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INTP
    Damn, I saw your avatar when I searched for freesias. I thought you painted that! And for years I thought you painted Gregory Jacobsen's Autumn Pinata.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INTP

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    citrus blossoms - if you ever visit Southern California, and if you're paying attention, then your eyes will eventually come to rest on abandoned groves of citrus trees. in the spring time, these trees exchange their waving green foliage for a dense carpet of beautifully contrasted white flowers, blended in perfect harmony, covered in crystal dew. when you inhale, your nose will congratulate you for arriving at such a marvelous destination. to me the groves give voice to how nature obeys the gentle and antagonistic natural forces. and how if I abide the forces that govern my life, I too will invite others to appreciate my healthy form.

...the oranges aren't bad here either!

Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    Damn, I saw your avatar when I searched for freesias. I thought you painted that! And for years I thought you painted Gregory Jacobsen's Autumn Pinata.
    You can imagine my eternal dismay when I found out you didn't paint that sick roach avatar of yours.
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Vanilla taste in floristry here, but I like roses. Ultimate beauty, but with thorns. Which resembles most things that are worthwhile in life.

Type
    INtP
    When I got married, I was big into boat orchids and had white ones featured in some table decorations. Spendy though.

If I were planting, I think I'd want hydrangeas or a lilac bush. I love the smell.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    They're okay, especially if they're yellow. Except for carnations which I can't stand the sight of.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    Carnations were the flowers I chose for my mother from the flower shop when I was a kid. I didn't understand why roses were more popular when carnations clearly looked better. When I was choosing seeds that they sold (maybe they gave them away) in school, I chose poppy.