When I find someone who is interested in philosophy, my go-to joke is this:
Descartes walks into a bar, [...]

The categorical imperative, i.e. universal law, is very interesting because it is a logical corollary of Kant's transcendental idealism. His theory of morality naturally follows from his theory of metaphysics. I want to explain things, or at least my basic understanding of things in a very simple way so everyone can chime in, and maybe these airy abstractions can distract you from the mundane routines of trying to survive in the capitalist hellhole we evolved into

Okay, so you've learned to live with that animalistic constituent in your brain, and not let it consume you or control you. You have moved into a higher echelon of agency.

Typically when we say that something "exists", as in physically exists, we say that it has substance and/or spatio-temporal extension.

How can we be ontologically committed to the notion of holes, something that has neither of these properties? Can we use the word "hole" to designate anything other than an abstraction - the absence of a component of something else? Wtf is a hole? Can it be banished to Meinong's jungle?

The argument that moral absolutes, logical absolutes, universality, all presuppose the existence of God.

I was gifted Wittgenstein's Poker, which detailed a heated confrontation between Wittgenstein and Popper. The book talked at length about the circumstances surrounding the intellectual fight but seldom touched upon the ideas themselves (might talk about it later on but I'm impatient). So the big question is:

Are there genuine problems in philosophy, or is philosophy just a series of language games?

The idea that there exists many possible worlds is not that controversial, but the notion that all possible worlds exist in the same way that our world exists (that is, concretely and absolutely) seems ridiculous prima facie.

Theseus owns and sails a ship. Every month, when he sails to port, he has one old plank of his ship replaced with a brand new plank. By the time 10 years has passed, not a single original plank of wood remains in Theseusí ship. Unbeknownst to Theseus, however, the ship repairman has saved all of the old planks that he removes from Theseusí ship.

Has anyone tried TM?