Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drunk Debates

Type
    INTP

Drunk Debates

This is a search for interest. The concept is exactly as stupid awesome as it sounds. Square off over some issue and drink between rounds of repartee until one party is unable to continue. Audience inebriation is heartily encouraged.

It may be the penultimate opportunity to engage in intoxicated verbal sparring without risk of bodily injury.

To make this happen we need a couple things:

1. Someone to host video chats. Skype is the most obvious candidate of choice for the video chats.
    2. Participants.
    3. Topics.
    4. Moderator General: Protip: Intoxication of the Moderator General is fucking MANDATORY.
    5. Rules.

My proposed rules:

1. We scalp basic debate rules for structure. Between rounds each party must drink at least one serving of alcohol. Basic modification: debate continues alternating as long as fucking needed.

2. Alcohol of choice must be declared prior to debate. Preference for sealed unopened containers of alcohol to avoid cheating. My hope is that participants will understand that gradual intoxication is the primary point of entertainment. If it devolves into "No, Fuck YOU you fucking retardedinated little...SHET!" that's half the fun.

3. The first participant to vomit, pass out, concede or become incoherent (as determined by combined observation of observers and Moderator General, loses.

So, anyone want to add to the party? This thread is to gauge interest as much as hash out formal rules. I'd like to set up a leaderboard and get some proper internal forum wars underway.

Currently in:

Me
    Polemarch
    MacGuffin (assumed)
    Ferrus (presumed)

I'd like at least 10 willing participants to kick this off, but if it's just me and Polemarch on some Friday night with a bottle of rum/gin--I'm still in and fuck all y'all.

This post may have been assisted by alcohol. Just sayin'. But I still think it's a kick-ass idea.

Who wants to rumble?
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    ENTP
    I'll be drinking one of the following:

Woodford Reserve
    Tanqueray Ten
    Three Olives Vodka (cherry)
    We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Type
    INTP
    I can host the video chat (Skype). And drink. But not debate.

Type
    INTP
    Is that cherry vodka any good? I'm searching for good cherry flavored spirits. The last raspberry vodka I tried was clearly made from fermented vomit, and my local grocer didn't stock any cherry wine this year.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    ENTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Is that cherry vodka any good? I'm searching for good cherry flavored spirits. The last raspberry vodka I tried was clearly made from fermented vomit, and my local grocer didn't stock any cherry wine this year.
    It's absolutely delicious. It doesn't have that sick burnt-tar taste you get with Skyy or Effen. I've found that I can drink it straight, without a chaser, without any desire for a chaser. It's a good flask liquor.

Type
    xNxx

Type
    ENTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    Fuck me dead, I've been constructing my arguments on this already for the last five minutes

Type
    INTP
    oh my sweet lord. drinking and talking. i am in. id rather judge, though. there are very few topics i care to debate.

Type
    INTP
    Currently in:

Me
    Polemarch
    MacGuffin (assumed)
    Ferrus (presumed)
    stuck (implied)
    lethe (Moderator General Candidate)

Type
    INTP
    I really want to see this. Count me as a maybe.