Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Office Perks, Bennies & Letdowns

Jazz peenist Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTX
    A consistent supply of defunct Xyience energy drinks, 1 day past Odwalla, and broke open chips.
    Sound fury

Type
    INTP
    They gave us more vacation time for next year to improve retention.

I would of had 17 vacation days and 10 sick days next year. I now have 20 anything days. But I've never really taken any sick days cause I never really get sick.

I fell sort of in a shit zone for the new policy. New people immediately got 20 days while I started with 12. Also, I waited with anticipation for next year and now it doesn't matter! But at 5 years I'll bump up to 25 days so, that will be more than I ever would have gotten under the old policy.

With that and every other Friday off with our 9/80 schedule I'll have 46 days off a year! Maybe America is finally catching up with the rest of the world on vacation policy.

I think the change was because the internal resentment the old policy caused. Some people used all their sick days and some used none or very little. Also, managers silently judged employees that used a lot of sick leave. Sick days would often magically happen on Mondays and Fridays though!

To be honest though, I have no life outside of work so, I usually spend a lot of time on my work computer looking at emails and planning projects when I'm home anyway but, I'd rather be home than there for sure.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Jelly View Post
    A consistent supply of defunct Xyience energy drinks
    Do those work fairly well? How are they compared to others like Rock Star, Monster or Redbull?

Jazz peenist Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTX
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    Do those work fairly well? How are they compared to others like Rock Star, Monster or Redbull?
    Solid. 88 mg of caffeine. Almost preferable. Started getting them for free, then got to buying them. I got some waiting at work tomorrow. U might like blue pom or frostberry blast.
    Sound fury