Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Create your own typology

Type
    INTP

Create your own typology

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I'm tired of the same old four letters. It would be fun to create new dichotomous traits.
    Yes! How would you classify humans into groupings that are relevant to you in particular?
    I'm not sure what labels I would use, but these are some of the questions that would be extremely relevant to me (trying to categorize them as well):

Sense of humour
    Can a rape joke be funny?
    Can all things be slaughtered at the altar of comedy?

Belief system
    Are you willing to state and defend your opinion/belief in the face of overwhelming resistance, rejection or shaming?
    Can you gracefully admit when you're wrong, and gracefully learn from your mistakes?
    Can tolerance be paving the road to misery and the destruction of all things worth fighting for?

Self-awareness
    Can you see and admit to your own flaws without turning them into humblebrags?

Comfort with duality or internal/external contradiction
    Can you love an animal and eat it?
    Can you still like something even if it's popular or mediocre?
    Can you find something worthwhile in even the most worthless of things?

I'd be curious to see what questions others come up with - indicating what they find important.

I would have to rewrite these questions so that there wasn't an inherent bias in the wording...

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    Yes! How would you classify humans into groupings that are relevant to you in particular?
    I'm not sure what labels I would use, but these are some of the questions that would be extremely relevant to me (trying to categorize them as well):

Sense of humour
    Can a rape joke be funny?
    Can all things be slaughtered at the altar of comedy?
    WHOA. Simplify to:

B: Enjoys scatalogical humor, pranks, Jim Carey, Cartman, Trailer Park Boys, Medea, funny voices

M: Enjoys parody, absurd situational humor, Patton Oswalt, "Arrested Development", Gulliver's Travels

More to come.

Type
    INTP
    Integrity
    Are your responses to things generally detrimental to life/others/self or sustaining to life/others/self? (I guess life, others, and self could be sub categories of integrity.)

Intention vs. Whimsy
    Do you feel like things just happen to you? or do you feel like you are employing some agency to measurable effect? (neither is bad...just a revelation of some sort of existential quality that is apt to change through life).

Artistic vs. Artsy
    Does inspiration lead you to creativity and new ideas, or do you take mostly from the ideas and instruction of others when it comes to problem solving or crafting things?

dunno...I like yours, @Mxx
    ...just trying to add a few off the top of my head.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INTP
    WHOA. Simplify to:

B: Enjoys scatalogical humor, pranks, Jim Carey, Cartman, Trailer Park Boys, Medea, funny voices

M: Enjoys parody, absurd situational humor, Patton Oswalt, "Arrested Development", Gulliver's Travels

More to come.
    Which dimension is for puns?
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Robcore View Post
    Which dimension is for puns?
    Mind

Type
    INTP
    Mind
    ahh, totally didn't catch the B/M there...makes it obvious once spelled out.

Type
    INTP
    maybe...
    Embodied vs. Dissociated?

Type
    INTP
    Accepts reality qua causality as the one only basis of truth/proof, or doesn't.

So, Has Potential or Doesn't.

Done.

Type
    INTP
    WHOA. Simplify to:

More to come.
    Here's my anomaly in this dichotomy: while I lean very heavily towards M, I get uncontrollable giggles with things like tripping, stumbling, accidentally falling. Both when it happens to me and others. I even find fear to be hilarious - the times I've been really scared in my life, I've burst out laughing.
    Also with strong emotions, I start laughing. The anecdote that comes to mind was the scene in Inception where the wife leaps to her death from the opposite window, and Leonardo's character cries out helplessly. I snort-laughed incredibly loudly in a packed cinema. I was mortified! But couldn't stop laughing from then being so mortified.

Type
    INtP
    Don't get fancy!

http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-p...ome.htm?bhcp=1

Courtesy of myersbrigg.org:

E: Do you prefer to focus on the outer world?
    I: Do you prefer to focus on your own inner world (as opposed to someone else's inner world)

S: Do you " " to focus on the basic information you take in?
    N: "............." interpret and add meaning?

T: When making decisions, do you prefer to look at logic and consistancy?
    F: "................................................. ..." first look at the people and special circumstances?

J: In dealing with outer world, do you prefer to get things decided?
    P: Prefer to stay open to new information and options?

And "Never the twain shall meet" ~ R. Kipling