Thread: Professors : Heterodox academy

Professors : Heterodox academy

Professors of INTpcomplex

Do any of you have access to heterodox academy? Can I borrow your login so I can read its contents? Or can you just tell me what is in it?

Or are any of you eligible for access and willing to apply for an account then let me borrow it so I can snoop?

Or can I use your identity to create an account so I can use it respectfully?
    Or do you know somebody that has access and will share its information?

ITS HIDDEN CONTENTS

WHAT'S BEHIND THE MEMBERSHIP

Type
    IsTP
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky balbotox View Post
    ITS HIDDEN CONTENTS

WHAT'S BEHIND THE MEMBERSHIP
    I imagine this is a better response than the first.

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky balbotox View Post
    Professors of INTpcomplex

Do any of you have access to heterodox academy? Can I borrow your login so I can read its contents? Or can you just tell me what is in it?

Or are any of you eligible for access and willing to apply for an account then let me borrow it so I can snoop?

Or can I use your identity to create an account so I can use it respectfully?
    Or do you know somebody that has access and will share its information?
    Sorry dude but nope. They want you to pledge allegiance to their ideology and send them a CV to be evaluated and all that shit ... and then hand over the account to a stranger on the internet? Nope ... way too meatspacey.

I would do anything for online psychology-related forum camaraderie, but I won't do that.

And aside from the handing over login, I'm not interested in their cool aid.

I am interested in their koolaid so I guess i will become a professor to drink it or at least see what it is

Type
    INTP
    Thread revival!

The idea of sneaking your way into this "club" seems sketchy and also kind of silly.

Having said that, I am fan of a lot of Jonathan Haidt's work, and I am curious about the perspective of anyone familiar with the the Heterodox Academy. @Utisz? Did you actually consider joining? Would you really have had to sign a pledge?
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INxP
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    @Utisz? Did you actually consider joining?
    I looked at the sign up stuff, yup.

Would you really have had to sign a pledge?
    says here:

Professors (including adjuncts) and post-docs who meet these four criteria are encouraged to apply for membership:

1. Has earned a Ph.D. (or J.D., or M.D., for faculty in law and medicine, or M.F.A. for faculty in the arts)
    2. Listed as a professor or instructor on the university website
    3. Is engaged in the main practices of academic life — teaching, research/scholarship, and publication. (Retired and emeritus faculty are welcome; adjuncts need only show some evidence of past research and publication.)
    4. Endorses the following statement:
      “I believe that university life requires that people with diverse viewpoints and perspectives encounter each other in an environment where they feel free to speak up and challenge each other. I am concerned that many academic fields and universities currently lack sufficient viewpoint diversity—particularly political diversity. I will support viewpoint diversity in my academic field, my university, my department, and my classroom.”
    that last point is like one of those inkblot tests, like what the fuck does that even mean?? how can I endorse an inkblot?
    even the name heterodox gives me dissonance.
    and why all the other restrictions? something sniffs all wrong.

edit: also anyone interested in the overarching ideology can just read the paper that wikipedia says the whole thing is based on (but not linked from the site):
    http://rhodesdiversity.org/wp-conten...rsity-2015.pdf

edit2: and all the hoops to jump through is the same psychological trick used by facebook and mensa and shitty nightclubs and treehouses with boys only signs and all those other things, which is draw people in by giving the impression of exclusivity (is my interpretation).

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post

says here:

that last point is like one of those inkblot tests, like what the fuck does that even mean?? how can I endorse an inkblot?

edit: also anyone interested in the overarching ideology can just read the paper that wikipedia says the whole thing is based on (but not linked from the site):

edit2: and all the hoops to jump through is the same psychological trick used by facebook and mensa and shitty nightclubs and treehouses with boys only signs and all those other things, which is draw people in by giving the impression of exclusivity (is my interpretation).
    Well my understanding is that is it stems from a concern about the increasingly homogenous ideology of American academia, so It makes sense that it would specifically aim itself at academics who subscribe to the belief in the benefit of a diversity of ideological viewpoints.

I'm not sure what they actually accomplish though.

Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    Thread revival!

The idea of sneaking your way into this "club" seems sketchy and also kind of silly.

Having said that, I am fan of a lot of Jonathan Haidt's work, and I am curious about the perspective of anyone familiar with the the Heterodox Academy. @Utisz? Did you actually consider joining? Would you really have had to sign a pledge?
    Look, Theresa, Johnathan Haidt is GOD. I love him. I would stalk him if I wasn't so lazy. Sketchy is as sketchy does

Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post

says here:

Can you just join and spill the tea mate?