Thread: types of meditation

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner

types of meditation

I was a bit confused about the differences between diff types of meditation, but after a good googling I made a lil chart for clarity's sake.

Right now the Psychology zeitgeist is obsessed with mindfulness/vipassana meditation. But I have a good feeling that non-directive meditation will be the next big "thing", because it's much more effective. In the same way HIIT is more effective than steady-state cardio. I could hardly find any good sites/videos on it. It doesn't even have a wikipedia page yet.

I thought this might be helpful for people looking into developing a meditative practise. If you wanna know more just google "_______ meditation benefits" I guess.
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I dunno if it's the tech, the social media, the pills, or an ever more fucked "work-life balance", but this tells me daydreaming is a lost art.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    Heh, I think I mostly opt for the "Do nothing" approach.

Occasionally Concentrative.

I've got a self hypnosis book that I might open and read... wonder what's in it.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I've got a self hypnosis book that I might open and read... wonder what's in it.
    You'll pick it up, put it down and proceed to forget everything that you just read, and then you'll be all like:

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Man With No Name View Post
    You'll pick it up, put it down and proceed to forget everything that you just read, and then you'll be all like:
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP
    Brainwave entrainment audio (Neuro-Programmer 3), or sit upright in silence. Neuro-Programmer 3 also makes it easy to enter a suggestible state and plays back affirmations/suggestions.

Brainwave entrainment with glasses (https://www.amazon.com/MindPlace-Kas.../dp/B017DU630U) is even better and doesn't interfere with traditional meditation. Nootropics like P21/cerebrolysin or piracetam usually result in deeper sessions.
    Last edited by baccheion; 09-27-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Type
    xxxx
    I tend to find TM more helpful when I have anxiety. Mindfulness better when I need to get organized.