Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: So this is my stuff

Type
    ISFP
    final version:

i was trying to make the car look more real or smth but i can't figure out how, anyway i think it's cool like this

Type
    INTP
    Keep in mind that when you mix raster and vector layers, you lose the advantage of using vectors in the first place. Well, one of the advantages. You lose infinite scalability.

I use a different paint program and it's vector implementation is geared more toward editing linework without re-doing it all. It's super handy to be able to adjust the line weight without redoing the line. I can also get smoother lines by eliminating nodes--and I can adjust where a line is by clicking and dragging. But even that value of vectors is compromised once I start depending on raster layers for the finished product.

Just some things to keep in mind. Whatever gets you there.

I think you'd be pleased with the result if you took the raster bits out of that image though. I think it will "pop" more. The whole thing will have a clean graffiti look.
    For some, "how", not "why", is the fundamental unit of measure for curiosity. This divergence is neither parallel, nor straight. Where one might have a "why?-5" problem, it might only be a "how?-2" question. But then, there are also many things where the "why?" is immediately obvious but the "how?" is best measured in centuries of perpetual wonder. Both approaches have their drawbacks.

If one is superior, the other is unaware of it.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    ISFP
    @Hephaestus yeah i know what you mean, i don't know about the rasters tho, i felt like without it the image was lacking something, still i'm trying to figure out how to make the edges of the shapes to be more fuzzy and more alive, like modern illustration
    today i made this, kind of meh but almost no drawing on it

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by PureViolence View Post
    @Hephaestus yeah i know what you mean, i don't know about the rasters tho, i felt like without it the image was lacking something, still i'm trying to figure out how to make the edges of the shapes to be more fuzzy and more alive, like modern illustration
    today i made this, kind of meh but almost no drawing on it
    You won't get to fuzzy very easy--but you should work on line weight. It will help you get more of the lively feel you are looking for.

I think the only way you'll get fuzzy from vectors is if you are able to use an inherently fuzzy brush for your vector stroke.
    For some, "how", not "why", is the fundamental unit of measure for curiosity. This divergence is neither parallel, nor straight. Where one might have a "why?-5" problem, it might only be a "how?-2" question. But then, there are also many things where the "why?" is immediately obvious but the "how?" is best measured in centuries of perpetual wonder. Both approaches have their drawbacks.

If one is superior, the other is unaware of it.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    ISFP
    part 1

dunno why the bad quality here. i'll fix later maybe
    Last edited by PureViolence; Yesterday at 04:58 AM.

Type
    ISFP

good grammar?