Type
    ISFP
    cool that you like

;

finished version ( i think )

Type
    ISFP
    the year of the boomerang

thinking where can i improve it, yeah many things, but at my level what could i do to make it look cooler?

Type
    ISFP

Type
    ISFP
    this one might be too creepy / crazy? also i'm not convinced about the color palette

thoughts?

Last edited by PureViolence; 12-10-2017 at 03:27 AM.

Type
    ISFP

Type
    ISFP
    so, as i'm thinking of making a website to show my stuff as a portafolio to start looking for jobs on this, tonight i decided to make one piece using trendy illustration techniques, that's vector painting. i'll come back in a few hours with it. first time ever trying it.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by PureViolence View Post
    so, as i'm thinking of making a website to show my stuff as a portafolio to start looking for jobs on this, tonight i decided to make one piece using trendy illustration techniques, that's vector painting. i'll come back in a few hours with it. first time ever trying it.
    There are a few methods of vector work, and if you dive into bezier curve fiddling, you're in for a hard time. I'd recommend working up to it in a couple steps, and integrating raster painting to help you set things up.

1. Start by understand what vector work is getting you: scalability.

2. Study other vector artwork. Look at what sorts of techniques are being used. Vector painting is great for clipart because the scalability gets rid of jaggies from resizing images. To that end, look at what features leverage scalability. Ironically one of the big ones is simplicity. Vector art tends to be simple and poster ready--as in limited colour palette, simple shapes, reliance on tone, highlight and lowlight over shading. Hard lines, but not necessarily dead lines.

3. Try making some artwork in a Brute! style:

Spoiler: example

Look at how that image is constructed, and see the tools that would help you make it. Strong colours, strong lines, use of negative space, rulers, layers--it all comes into play and doesn't require the use of a brush at all.

Try to put something together in a simple monochrome style using solid layers and the lasso tool to cut out shapes--let the layers act as masks for the colour to come through. It's a different way to think about space and design and puts you more in the mindset that will help keep vectors from being a nightmare.

When you star working with vectors, try to stick with enclosed shapes at first. Doing line art by vector is meticulous and time consuming, but ultimately give you an enormous amount of control and correction over the end product. You'll want to work your way up to that level of control.

When you actually start working with line art vectors, do yourself a huge favor and sketch a raster version first to use as a reference layer. This will save you a ridiculous amount of headache. It's way easier to trace vectors into place and nudge them node controls than it is to draw them correctly on a blank canvas.

Start simple.
    For some, "how", not "why", is the fundamental unit of measure for curiosity. This divergence is neither parallel, nor straight. Where one might have a "why?-5" problem, it might only be a "how?-2" question. But then, there are also many things where the "why?" is immediately obvious but the "how?" is best measured in centuries of perpetual wonder. Both approaches have their drawbacks.

If one is superior, the other is unaware of it.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    There are a few methods of vector work, and if you dive into bezier curve fiddling, you're in for a hard time. I'd recommend working up to it in a couple steps, and integrating raster painting to help you set things up.

1. Start by understand what vector work is getting you: scalability.

2. Study other vector artwork. Look at what sorts of techniques are being used. Vector painting is great for clipart because the scalability gets rid of jaggies from resizing images. To that end, look at what features leverage scalability. Ironically one of the big ones is simplicity. Vector art tends to be simple and poster ready--as in limited colour palette, simple shapes, reliance on tone, highlight and lowlight over shading. Hard lines, but not necessarily dead lines.

3. Try making some artwork in a Brute! style:

Spoiler: example

Look at how that image is constructed, and see the tools that would help you make it. Strong colours, strong lines, use of negative space, rulers, layers--it all comes into play and doesn't require the use of a brush at all.

Try to put something together in a simple monochrome style using solid layers and the lasso tool to cut out shapes--let the layers act as masks for the colour to come through. It's a different way to think about space and design and puts you more in the mindset that will help keep vectors from being a nightmare.

When you star working with vectors, try to stick with enclosed shapes at first. Doing line art by vector is meticulous and time consuming, but ultimately give you an enormous amount of control and correction over the end product. You'll want to work your way up to that level of control.

When you actually start working with line art vectors, do yourself a huge favor and sketch a raster version first to use as a reference layer. This will save you a ridiculous amount of headache. It's way easier to trace vectors into place and nudge them node controls than it is to draw them correctly on a blank canvas.

Start simple.
    Thanks for the advice man, i read it when i already had started, but i think i did something rather simple anyway and it's vector based so it can be escalated and all that stuff, i just throw some painting stuff over layers to give it a more artistic look.
    And indeed if you want to destroy a man morally, torture him, kill it's mental health then tell him to use illustrator xD so after like 30 minutes trying to remember how to do small simple shit i quit and went to photoshop, which actually gives me same features and i do know how to use it like if it was my cock so i could save money in think like knowing where are my layers. Still it's crazy the amount of time to make a letter shape.
    I have spent like 3 hours to make this, and it still not finished, i think i'm going to change some things and add more details. All the fun happens when you finished making the lines.

did it live up to the hype???

btw, the van is from a pic i took in athens, greece, the background is from another pic from lycabetus hill in same city
    only god knows how much i love her