Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So this is my stuff

Type
    xNxx
    definitely made the drums sound a bit more "live" to me, at least for the first minute.

what DAW are you using again? how exactly do you make your drums?

Type
    xNxx
    Yeah vocals are a little loud at first, it's fine tho because it pulls you in to the song.

I think when it kicks in at 23 seconds, you might use a more distorted lead vocal so it doesn't get lost in the soup of the instruments. I'd even make the side chain more extreme and rock n roll there, just to raise the energy.

similarly, at 1:45ish, you're starting to really sing with some conviction, and I'd make things brighter and more aggressive there too. the big swell of electric guitar at 2:06 is nice, kind of in line with what I'm saying.

Before you do any of that, I'd personally take a hard look at how the drum arrangement interacts with the song structure (I know I'm talking more like a producer than a mixer... mixers honestly do a lot of sound replacement these days). Maybe switch to a ride cymbal once or twice? Maybe switch up the kick drum pattern a little more, maybe do a couple fills?

Low mids might overall be a bit muddy, that might be arrangement. Maybe the synth or rhythm guitar could be carved out a bit more to let the busy bass part live a little more. Feature anything interesting a bit more by carving them out of the boring stuff that conflicts.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    Yeah vocals are a little loud at first, it's fine tho because it pulls you in to the song.

I think when it kicks in at 23 seconds, you might use a more distorted lead vocal so it doesn't get lost in the soup of the instruments. I'd even make the side chain more extreme and rock n roll there, just to raise the energy.

similarly, at 1:45ish, you're starting to really sing with some conviction, and I'd make things brighter and more aggressive there too. the big swell of electric guitar at 2:06 is nice, kind of in line with what I'm saying.

Before you do any of that, I'd personally take a hard look at how the drum arrangement interacts with the song structure (I know I'm talking more like a producer than a mixer... mixers honestly do a lot of sound replacement these days). Maybe switch to a ride cymbal once or twice? Maybe switch up the kick drum pattern a little more, maybe do a couple fills?

Low mids might overall be a bit muddy, that might be arrangement. Maybe the synth or rhythm guitar could be carved out a bit more to let the busy bass part live a little more. Feature anything interesting a bit more by carving them out of the boring stuff that conflicts.
    yeah actually the first idea was to leave a simple drum pattern through all the song, something like DLZ by TV on the Radio, but then i thought maybe some variation could make it more lively, tried it and maybe just because i got used to the beat i just don't like how the changes sound, but i do agree with all you said above, those were my first thoughts for like 2 days.
    i might try to change a bit the tightness of the kick, i think it sounds tooo clicky, something in the high range of it doesn't appeal to me.

Some lyrics i've been trying to put together for one of the songs (ENGLISH TRANSLATION)

the radicalization

in the late hours of the night
    electric charge in crystalline rolls
    like the sea
    in the sweetness of your bones
    reminds me of repetition
    so i reveal against time
    and I make a space in between your arms
    high load and porcelain slipping
    like in wax museums
    maybe you will see now the pangea that covers my skeleton

now i see the margins
    and borders
    and I do not tremble at the pulse of time

I'm still drowned in my amygdala, trampling on my delirium
    eyes fixed, burns the skin, .....
    I still see my reflection in the mirror too damn far
    devoured by my high tension

late hours at night
    high pressures and high tides
    high altars, divine virgins
    waiting for the skies
    to fall so the beast can sleep

hit them so strong that they can not get up again
    hit them so strong that they do not want to get up again

It's work in progress but that's the main idea
    I'm thinking it might be too subjective? i mean, it's interesting if you could say you get something out of it and it's not just a bunch of random words, thoughts people?

Banned
    Type
    ISFP

i've been mixing this song, can't say if i prefer this cleaner version or the old raw one, tomorrow i'll add the vocals, i don't know how i'm gonna make space for them
    maybe bass is a bit loud in the mix... i'll check tomorrow, probably also turn a bit down the guitars or even eliminate one of them

https://clyp.it/yhjhzatn

thoughts? ;D
    Last edited by PureViolence; 10-15-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    any detached thoughts about this?
    it's supposed to be the cover for new EP/Album whatsoever, damn i have already 6 songs almost ready but i'm so lazy about recording everything properly and checking and rechecking.
    anyway, what do you think about it?, it started as a digital painting, i used my mouse so it was far from being perfect so i started experimenting with it on after effects and then layering in photoshop
    two things that scare me about it, the liquid effect and red background look like blood plus the title means the radicalization, which means something quite opposite to isolating yourself and then exploding bombs.
    what scared me a bit more was that today facebook suggested me as friends tons of arab guys, and i don't know any of them. would it be a nice idea to change the title and avoid political problems?, i don't think we will grow famous or smth but you never know, twitter is hell nowdays. there's a spanish guy who just entered in prison today because of some twits he did supporting terrorism by ETA.
    OFC my record is nothing related to terrorism and i'm not involved in any movement nor i have twitter. All my social media platforms are there to expose my music.

don't open it up in another page, somehow imgur distorts the image.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    https://clyp.it/zcrpjvpm

a new song i recorded just because a friend girl told me to write a song for her XD
    i think she's not expecting this, tomorrow i'll record the rest of it

Type
    intp
    @PureViolence, I like it. What's the note choice? Melodic minor or something? I'm a fan of that kind of sound. Is it deliberate, or just a intuitive? It (perhaps randomly) reminds me of the Aeon Flux soundtrack from the animated series. Maybe just because of the different scale choices (whole tone? melodic minor? that sort of thing)

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by scarydoor View Post
    @PureViolence, I like it. What's the note choice? Melodic minor or something? I'm a fan of that kind of sound. Is it deliberate, or just a intuitive? It (perhaps randomly) reminds me of the Aeon Flux soundtrack from the animated series. Maybe just because of the different scale choices (whole tone? melodic minor? that sort of thing)
    Hey, cool that you like it
    Actually i dont know, i guess it sounds similar because of using electronic elements and yeah maybe there's a comical aspect on my writing I find hard to avoid. It just comes in small details.
    I don't know what scale it is. I know it is minor with some jazzy sounding variations. It comes just with my mood, its not planned, I just know what I want to sound like and apply self created chords to achieve that sound. I mean not that those chords don't exist, I just don't know anything theoretical about them.
    Did you like the artwork?
    Hopefully I will finish the album in a month or 2.
    Don't want to push myself in the process.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    so i bought this wacom intuous tablet the other day to try to become an illustrator, hopefully in a year i will be able to do cool stuff.
    why 2 guests always in this thread? spiders or what?

Banned
    Type
    ISFP

meh.