Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Last 100 Days

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    Soon a licensed social worker will get paid more to be a retail supervisor.
    That's what happened here. The unionized working class gets paid better money than the professional middle class.

But at least the middle class gets to do something they love...
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    But at least the middle class gets to do something they love...

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    \

The reddit threads about the investigation are mind-blowing, I've learned so much. It is staggering to me that Trump still has the support he does with the staggering amount of damning evidence out there. I'm sure Mueller is getting all of his ducks in a row, it's going to take an airtight case to get this Know-Nothing Congress to act. But it would likely come after the midterms, so if the House goes blue, then all the die hard Know Nothings will claim it's a political smear job and Trump did nothing wrong.
    I have to conclude that a lot of Americans love the fact that the president is as stupid and mean as they are. He validates them.

I love the juicy theory that all the Trump opponents turned apologists are being blackmailed into it since hackers also have information on them. It's like that Black Mirror episode, Shut Up and Dance.
    I can believe it. They're swallowing a lot of pride.
    Your gardening sucks and your avocados ain't fruitin'. -- Sappho the Maestro

Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    Is it gonna be Oprah or The Rock?
    Judging by the number of Google hits it'll be president the rock with Oprah as vp. Kanye west Secretary of state?

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Just in case no-one has mentioned it, this is about the book "Dark Money":
    Why is America living in an age of profound economic inequality? Why, despite the desperate need to address climate change, have even modest environmental efforts been defeated again and again? Why have protections for employees been decimated? Why do hedge-fund billionaires pay a far lower tax rate than middle-class workers? The conventional answer is that a popular uprising against “big government” led to the ascendancy of a broad-based conservative movement. But as Jane Mayer shows in this powerful, meticulously reported history, a network of exceedingly wealthy people with extreme libertarian views bankrolled a systematic, step-by-step plan to fundamentally alter the American political system. The network has brought together some of the richest people on the planet. Their core beliefs—that taxes are a form of tyranny; that government oversight of business is an assault on freedom—are sincerely held. But these beliefs also advance their personal and corporate interests: Many of their companies have run afoul of federal pollution, worker safety, securities, and tax laws.

The chief figures in the network are Charles and David Koch, whose father made his fortune in part by building oil refineries in Stalin’s Russia and Hitler’s Germany. The patriarch later was a founding member of the John Birch Society, whose politics were so radical it believed Dwight Eisenhower was a communist. The brothers were schooled in a political philosophy that asserted the only role of government is to provide security and to enforce property rights. When libertarian ideas proved decidedly unpopular with voters, the Koch brothers and their allies chose another path.

If they pooled their vast resources, they could fund an interlocking array of organizations that could work in tandem to influence and ultimately control academic institutions, think tanks, the courts, statehouses, Congress, and, they hoped, the presidency. Richard Mellon Scaife, the mercurial heir to banking and oil fortunes, had the brilliant insight that most of their political activities could be written off as tax-deductible “philanthropy.” These organizations were given innocuous names such as Americans for Prosperity. Funding sources were hidden whenever possible. This process reached its apotheosis with the allegedly populist Tea Party movement, abetted mightily by the Citizens United decision—a case conceived of by legal advocates funded by the network.

The political operatives the network employs are disciplined, smart, and at times ruthless. Mayer documents instances in which people affiliated with these groups hired private detectives to impugn whistle-blowers, journalists, and even government investigators. And their efforts have been remarkably successful. Libertarian views on taxes and regulation, once far outside the mainstream and still rejected by most Americans, are ascendant in the majority of state governments, the Supreme Court, and Congress. Meaningful environmental, labor, finance, and tax reforms have been stymied.

Jane Mayer spent five years conducting hundreds of interviews-including with several sources within the network-and scoured public records, private papers, and court proceedings in reporting this book. In a taut and utterly convincing narrative, she traces the byzantine trail of the billions of dollars spent by the network and provides vivid portraits of the colorful figures behind the new American oligarchy.

Senior Member Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    infj
    Bannon 'ordered to testify to grand jury'

Tick Tock Traitors.

Good luck not incriminating yourself without your lawyer present Bannon.

Type
    INTP
    They're having the local anti-Trump rally in the park next to where I live, so I walked over to check it out for a few minutes. There are probably at least 100 people there. A woman with a microphone was complaining about that immigration executive order. There were a bunch of signs about vaginas and nasty women, which was off-putting. I felt bad for all the kids there, they looked really bored.

Type
    xxxx
    Just watched Bill Maher.

Is Trump having an affair with.......................Stephen Miller?

That would be fantastic!

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    Bannon 'ordered to testify to grand jury'

Tick Tock Traitors.

Good luck not incriminating yourself without your lawyer present Bannon.
    Yet another use for duct tape: legal assistance.
    I don't know everything I know, let alone everything I don't.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    InTP
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/02/polit...emo/index.html
    https://intelligence.house.gov/uploa...use_letter.pdf

We live in a world where the white house and the FBI are in direct opposition to each other. Conspiraciiiieeesss
    Basically it states that the FBI (and mentions the DNC and Clinton campaign) paid Steele to create and promote fake evidence and used that fake evidence in the FISA court to spy during the 2016 Presidential Election.

But right there cnn is promoting the idea that it's all lies
    Democrats have slammed the Republican memo as misleading and inaccurate. Rep. Adam Schiff of California, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, called the memo "a shameful effort to discredit" the FBI and Justice Department and an attempt to undermine special counsel Robert Mueller's probe.
    The slippery slope is that if the FBI used the main stream media (through agents like Steele) to manipulate courts and public opinion once, at what scale are they doing it on? Psyops is a word that I've been seeing all over the internet recently.

The only thing stopping you(me) from believing in the White House is that its fucking Trump.
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

aka HappyNoodleBoy