Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Last 100 Days

Type
    INtP
    The perception that the non-Fox news & cohorts have a liberal bias is partially due to the hostile media effect.

From wiki:
    Early hostile media effect studies measured perceptions of a media message designed to be unbiased. As ideologically diversified news outlets became more commonplace, later experiments began to utilize messages that were less objective. They found that while partisans on both sides of an issue recognized the bias, the group the message opposed perceived a greater degree of bias than the group the message supported. This variation is referred to as the relative hostile media effect, and has been demonstrated in media coverage of the use of primates for lab testing.[19] Gunther et al.[20] said, "the relative hostile media effect occurs when individuals with different attitudes toward the issue exhibit significantly different evaluations of the same media content.”

In fact, as Glass et al. noted in a 2000 study,[21] "partisans tend to see objectively biased articles as 'even-handed' if the bias impugns the opposition group." The study measured the responses of pro-choice and pro-life voters, finding that "people with more extreme views on abortion sometimes evaluate biased news articles as being fair, but only when the opposing side is being gored."[22]

The effect appears to exist more among conservatives than liberals, according to multiple studies. When randomly assigned either a clip from Comedy Central's The Daily Show (liberal), or a similar program from Fox News (conservative), conservatives perceived significantly more bias in the program than liberal subjects.[22] It is entirely possible that the "relative hostile media effect," in this case, is a function of preconceived biases related to the program itself, rather than the content. In a 1998 study, Dalton et al., found that newspaper readers were best able to detect the partisan stands of their newspapers when the newspaper sent a clear and unambiguous political signal; otherwise, individual partisanship predominated in judgments. Unsurprisingly, studies related to media content that is strictly opinionated – that is, media content that is not intended to be unbiased – have shown that partisans are quite capable of identifying bias in those conditions.

Type
    InTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
    Which conspiracy are you talking about again?

The one where a bunch of Americans fell for Russian propaganda and elected a stooge?

The one where the NRA launders money for the Russians into the Republican party?
    The conspiracy I'm talking about here is that the Mueller investigation into Russian collusion that is propped up in main stream media is a farce and that there is a real investigation into corruption that has produced 24500 sealed indictements and real arrests that involve human trafficking that isn't being reported by the main stream media.

Look I don't really think I know anything for sure because you have to accept that massive disinformation campaigns are a reality in our world. Have you ever had a satisfactory answer as to why the main stream media was so wrong about the 2016 election? I mean they were saying things like Trump had a 1% chance to win for months with polls and data and talking heads to back it up. You can explain this away with Russian bots and propaganda (if you had evidence!) but its a great hypocrisy to think that you yourself are not effected by the propaganda thats shown in that sinclair video Jyng posted. Its easier for me to believe that 'journalists' today are nothing more than professional teleprompter readers and that oligarchs get together to send out talking points every day at 4am to news stations that they control and no real journalism is taking place. The main stream media talked endlessly about how the 2016 election would be bad for Trump and then reality turned out to be the opposite, you don't think something similar could be happening with the Mueller investigation?

I see you are trying to imply that corruption in the Republican Party leads back to Trump. How about the one where Harvey Weinstien helps pay Bill Clinton's legal fees during the Monica Lewinski trial? You think any corruption there could lead back to the Clintons?

As for lizard people and jews, well its a full time job picking out disinformation from conspiracies these days. You can try to let sinny do that for you but I think she believes in aliens.
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by LowIQLogan View Post
    The conspiracy I'm talking about here is that the Mueller investigation into Russian collusion that is propped up in main stream media is a farce and that there is a real investigation into corruption that has produced 24500 sealed indictements and real arrests that involve human trafficking that isn't being reported by the main stream media.
    USA Today and NPR are reporting on backpage arrests, so I am not so sure about the claim it isn't being covered by 'mainstream' news sources.

To be honest, if I feel there are corporations/oligarchs behind the government, I'd say they would not be in support of Trump being president or succeeding. He's narcissistic, unstable, chaotic---bad choices if you want a puppet to master. He was not supposed to win, but he did. However, all the Koch/Mercer cronies are supporting him rather than pressuring him to resign and replacing him with a much more friendly Pence. The current government power and the media seem to put out competing messages.

I just can't find a coherent thesis in what you're trying to say. Could you clarify a little.

Type
    InTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    USA Today and NPR are reporting on backpage arrests, so I am not so sure about the claim it isn't being covered by 'mainstream' news sources.

To be honest, if I feel there are corporations/oligarchs behind the government, I'd say they would not be in support of Trump being president or succeeding. He's narcissistic, unstable, chaotic---bad choices if you want a puppet to master. He was not supposed to win, but he did. However, all the Koch/Mercer cronies are supporting him rather than pressuring him to resign and replacing him with a much more friendly Pence. The current government power and the media seem to put out competing messages.

I just can't find a coherent thesis in what you're trying to say. Could you clarify a little.
    Are they reporting it as a stand alone event or as the latest in a long list of human trafficking arrests made during the Trump administration? Its hard for me to understand why school shootings are bigger news stories than human trafficking, well if I don't take into account the oligarchy that is.

I don't think I could put together a coherent thesis for you but I would be happy with everyone accepting that the news media is controlled by oligarchs who didn't want Trump elected and now want him impeached. Maybe its because he's hard to controll as a puppet. Maybe its because those same oligarchs are the ones buying $40,000 sex slaves on backpage.
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ
    Inside the 25,000 sealed indictments fueling the QAnon conspiracy

Look I don't really think I know anything for sure because you have to accept that massive disinformation campaigns are a reality in our world. Have you ever had a satisfactory answer as to why the main stream media was so wrong about the 2016 election?
    Yes? It's not exactly the first time someone has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. No one thought a pussy grabbing racist cheeto had a chance but then we all forgot about middle white racist economically disadvantaged americans and it turns out they love some pussy grabbing racist cheetos.

I mean they were saying things like Trump had a 1% chance to win for months with polls and data and talking heads to back it up. You can explain this away with Russian bots and propaganda (if you had evidence!) but its a great hypocrisy to think that you yourself are not effected by the propaganda thats shown in that sinclair video Jyng posted. Its easier for me to believe that 'journalists' today are nothing more than professional teleprompter readers and that oligarchs get together to send out talking points every day at 4am to news stations that they control and no real journalism is taking place. The main stream media talked endlessly about how the 2016 election would be bad for Trump and then reality turned out to be the opposite, you don't think something similar could be happening with the Mueller investigation?
    Nah. I'm more interested in why these all powerful all controlling people are allowing you to live and speak out against them.

I see you are trying to imply that corruption in the Republican Party leads back to Trump. How about the one where Harvey Weinstien helps pay Bill Clinton's legal fees during the Monica Lewinski trial? You think any corruption there could lead back to the Clintons?
    I was merely suggesting that your 24500 indictments might be related to the Republican Cartel. "This is how we know we're a real family here."

As for lizard people and jews, well its a full time job picking out disinformation from conspiracies these days. You can try to let sinny do that for you but I think she believes in aliens.
    I think I'd rather deal with lizard people than whatever she is.

Type
    InTP
    I like this one

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    SHOOK

wetback Space Invaders Champion Fitz's Avatar
    Type
    INFJ