Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Last 100 Days

Type
    INfj
    Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

Type
    INTx
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    The North Korea standoff that threatens to obliterate entire populations, and the NFL players refusing to even go out on the field during the anthem in opposition to racial injustice (a standoff that is now escalating and involving the NBA as well).
    Trump thanks you myopic lefties. America hating dictators and America hating and cop hating rich athletes are his perfect foils.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Trump thanks you myopic lefties. America hating dictators and America hating and cop hating rich athletes are his perfect foils.
    ...for his core supporters. People see what they want to see and are blind to the rest. In this case, things like nepotism, conflict of interests, freedom from information/truth, bad management, attention whoring and narcissism. These are blind spots for his supporters and don't even touch what could be termed as -policy disagreements-. And you call 'lefties' 'myopic'.

Type
    INTP
    ^ Indeed. I don't think Trump's base cares what he does. Any negative press is just the "fake news" out to get him. They just live by his tweets. They're too dumb to notice he is a completely ineffective leader.

I keep hoping he can manage to completely fuck up healthcare as he would like to. Surely even his base will notice family members starting to die.

Type
    INfj
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    ^ Indeed. I don't think Trump's base cares what he does. Any negative press is just the "fake news" out to get him. They just live by his tweets. They're too dumb to notice he is a completely ineffective leader.

I keep hoping he can manage to completely fuck up healthcare as he would like to. Surely even his base will notice family members starting to die.
    Think again
    Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

Type
    INfj
    I dunno about perfect, I think any criticism of him or of existing systems can easily be played up as america-hating because that's how spin works?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post

They do love the outrage at NFL players who are showing disrespect, this is BIG NEWS.... eh, fuck it, it's exhausting. Please, boycott away. I don't watch sports but maybe this will drive the price down for everyone else.

Type
    intp
    Trump is more outraged at these people not standing (or something?) for the national anthem than at nazis.

Type
    INTx
    Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    I dunno about perfect, I think any criticism of him or of existing systems can easily be played up as america-hating because that's how spin works?
    Well yeah if you protest Trump by making a display of your contempt for the USA that spin is easy peasy.

Merry Christmas
    Type
    INFP
    Well yeah if you protest Trump by making a display of your contempt for the USA that spin is easy peasy.
    omg I don't understand you at all. Not through lack of trying - I have facebook friends who write similarly baffling things and I'd love to understand them. I don't get how generally intelligent people can willingly (it seems to me), without regret or cognitive dissonance, play so fast and loose with reality.

It occurs to me that it might have something to do with American culture specifically - the way of seeing the world as a blank slate, run by malleable laws, waiting not primarily to be explored but to be defined. Probably a bad habit passed down by the colonists.