Page 35 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Last 100 Days

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    Kushner married into that family because he's not so different from them. Kushner's real estate company secured a 285 million dollar loan from Duetsche Bank to refinance Manhattan properties around the time of the election, which he did not disclose. NY Department of Financial Services fined Deutsche Bank 475 million right before the inauguration for aiding a money-laundering scheme, allegedly involving the Russians.

He also had substandard grades for Ivy League and Daddy Kushner pledged 2.5 million to Harvard when he was college shopping, and convinced a Senator whose elections he had bankrolled to talk to admissions there.
    Jesus, there's nobody smart in the white house.

Maybe once all this is over, people will finally realize that rich people aren't actually smarter than the rest of us.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    Hopefully the FBI can harvest Bannon's ego to get some good shit on Trump. Though I still feel like Kushner's the most likely to crack. That's probably why he has such a prominent role in the white house. Trump's kids may be too dumb and sheltered to realize that they could actually get into trouble for protecting daddy, but Kushner's a lot less motivated to protect Trump and is probably smarter. I doubt any of the Trump kids would have gotten into UPenn on their own merit.
    Kushner married into that family because he's not so different from them. Kushner's real estate company secured a 285 million dollar loan from Duetsche Bank to refinance Manhattan properties around the time of the election, which he did not disclose. NY Department of Financial Services fined Deutsche Bank 475 million right before the inauguration for aiding a money-laundering scheme, allegedly involving the Russians.

He also had substandard grades for Ivy League and Daddy Kushner pledged 2.5 million to Harvard when he was college shopping, and convinced a Senator whose elections he had bankrolled to talk to admissions there.
    Jared Kushner's dad went to jail. That might make him feel less bulletproof than a Trump. Also, Donald has a history of throwing people under the bus if they're not close family. Would he stick his neck out for an in-law? Does Jared want to take that chance?
    Your gardening sucks and your avocados ain't fruitin'. -- Sappho the Maestro

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    Jared Kushner's dad went to jail. That might make him feel less bulletproof than a Trump. Also, Donald has a history of throwing people under the bus if they're not close family. Would he stick his neck out for an in-law? Does Jared want to take that chance?
    That's true. He might be easiest to flip if prosecutors want to wheel and deal.

And I totally forgot about all Daddy Kushner's charges! That is an interesting sidebar of gossip, and for those who don't know--

Long story short, Jared Kushner's dad was being investigated for white collar crimes (tax evasion, illegal campaign contributions, blah blah). His sister knew about the business and was cooperating with the authorities, and he couldn't deal with that part. Next section is copy/pasted (Esther is his sister).

Then, in August 2003, according to court documents, Kushner "initiated a scheme" to "gain leverage" over Esther and William Schulder. The idea was to "orchestrate the covert videotaped seduction" of Schulder and then hit Esther with video of her husband committing adultery.

Charles Kushner recruited two private investigators to do the work. In New York, Gabriel Sherman reported that Kushner complained to one of the men that Schulder "has been f—king around on my sister forever." Kushner paid the two men a total of $25,000 to set the trap.

The problem was, they didn't do it. According to court papers, the men spent weeks complaining that they couldn't find a woman who would agree to have sex with Schulder on camera. "The scheme stalled," according to court papers. Things went nowhere for about four months.

Then, in November 2003, a frustrated Charles Kushner took matters into his own hands and "personally recruited" a New York prostitute for the job. The two private investigators took a room in the Red Bull Inn in Bridgewater, New Jersey and wired it for video. It took a couple of tries, but the Kushner-recruited prostitute found Schulder in a diner, introduced herself, told him her car had broken down, and asked for a ride back to the hotel. When Schulder agreed, she invited him to her room. He declined, but got her phone number. The next day, he came back, and Charles Kushner got the video he wanted.

After the sexual encounter, one of the private investigators took the video to Kushner. "In a conference room with an associate present, defendant Charles Kushner viewed the videotape and expressed satisfaction with it," the criminal information says.

Kushner was so pleased, the court papers say, that he wanted the two investigators to set the same trap for Robert Yontef. In December, another woman was recruited, the hotel room was wired, the my-car-broke-down approach was made. But Yontef turned the woman down twice. There was no sex, and no tape.

According to the papers, Kushner didn't use the Schulder videotape until May 2004, when he learned that some of his associates had been told they were targets of the grand jury investigation. On May 9, 2004, according to the court documents, Kushner got in touch with one of the private detectives and instructed him to mail the tape and still photos to his sister Esther, who opened the package and saw her husband having sex with the prostitute.

If Charles Kushner's plan was to "gain leverage" over his sister, it didn't work. Esther and Schulder took the tape to law enforcement, and another count, retaliating against a cooperating witness, was added to the charges against Kushner.

Chris Christie was a US Attorney and had a hand in the case--it is speculated that Jared sees his dad as a victim and has a grudge against Christie. Rumor is that the animus is part of the reason he has been iced out of a position when a lot of other Trump loyalists during the campaign got thanked with cushy WH gigs.

Reading up on this administration is like reading about Jerry Springer guests, but everyone wears suits.

Type
    intp
    Maybe once all this is over, people will finally realize that rich people aren't actually smarter than the rest of us.
    They get away with it because they're enabled by the rest of us. Not going to change anytime soon.

I was reading about CEOs in the UK last night at work who get paid what their lowest paid employees do by lunchtime on day 3 of their year. There was quite a lot of support for the CEOs in the comments. Some people actually believe that some people add so much value that they deserve a $100,000,000 bonus...

Type
    INFP
    Trump's kids may be too dumb and sheltered to realize that they could actually get into trouble for protecting daddy, but Kushner's a lot less motivated to protect Trump and is probably smarter. I doubt any of the Trump kids would have gotten into UPenn on their own merit.
    Personal anecdote: I met Ivanka Trump in person (briefly) whilst on a real estate magazine years ago; back then she wasn't very famous, but she was far from dumb. I will give you sheltered though in the sense she didn't connect with people below her financial status. It wasn't an intentional snobbery, just a lack of touch with the reality of most other people.

My feelz sensed a very capable "shark" in the literal sense of the word, she was a concise, intelligent woman and I believe she was 28 or 29 at the time. If you ask me, she was far more intelligent, poised and emotionally stable than her father.

What was odd to me however was daddy was using Ivanka as a selling point to his Chicago property in their initial advertising back then, a full body shot of her in a sharp, but form fitting suit dress and heels figured prominently in their ads. I didn't get the sense this was by her choice. So, you can imagine how the stories about him saying he'd date his own daughter didn't exactly surprise me during his presidential run.

Type
    INTP

Great, then we can have another Occupy Wall Street.

Type
    INtP
    I'm debating getting the book, but my concern is how much of it will be actual new, insider information, versus a review of things that could be gathered from various news stories throughout the past years.

Like people are talking about the fact it's revealed that he didn't want to be President as some big bombshell, when a lot of members here have discussed that way before the general election. I'm not sure if I want to spend money on it if all it does is confirm the shit we already kind of knew.

If anyone else does buy it, tell me if it is an engrossing read otherwise I will get some Cliffs Notes from a book summary of it later.

Type
    INTP
    I'm debating getting the book, but my concern is how much of it will be actual new, insider information, versus a review of things that could be gathered from various news stories throughout the past years.

Like people are talking about the fact it's revealed that he didn't want to be President as some big bombshell, when a lot of members here have discussed that way before the general election. I'm not sure if I want to spend money on it if all it does is confirm the shit we already kind of knew.

If anyone else does buy it, tell me if it is an engrossing read otherwise I will get some Cliffs Notes from a book summary of it later.
    Reading the book might have some schadenfreude value. It's satisfying to hear what you've been saying come from the horse's ass mouth.
    Your gardening sucks and your avocados ain't fruitin'. -- Sappho the Maestro

Type
    Xxxx

Some filthy rich people are very smart, others are very stupid. But there's one constant about capitalists, they're personifications of capital and their one aim is capital self-expansion, that is to maximize profits regardless of the circumstances. And this is invariably socially and enviromentally disastrous.
    ni patrie ni patron

Type
    INFJ
    The Focus Shifts From Trump To Hillary And The Corrupt FBI
    January 8, 2018
    Paul Craig Roberts

The New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, and NPR will never tell you, but the criminal is Hillary, not Trump.

It has come to light that the FBI edited down FBI Director Comey’s investigation of Hillary in order to make it look like nothing was amiss. Comey’s conclusion that Hillary was “grossly negligent,” a conclusion justifying felony indictment for mishandling of classified information, was replaced with “extremely careless.” You can read about the rewire here: http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...ble-violations

The Chairman of the US Senate Homeland and Government Affairs Committee, Ron Johnson (R, Wis) has asked the current FBI director, Chris Wray, if the document was rewritten in order to protect Hillary. Senator Johnson is particular interested in the emails that show that some senior FBI officials were determined to prevent Trump from becoming US President.

Hillary’s misuse of classified documents on her personal server and subsequent effort to destroy the evidence is far more serious than anything done by Paul Manafort and General Flynn, both under threat of prosecution by Special Prosecutor former FBI Director Mueller. The FBI’s effort to protect Hillary and to dismiss her felony as “careless” is now confronted with Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ reopening of the case. Notice how the FBI first riggs the case and then puts itself in charge of investigating it. An agency this corrupt should be abolished.

It seems that Trump and his Attorney General finally realized that they are in a fight for their lives and have decided to counterbalance Mueller’s investigation of fake crimes with an investigation of Hillary’s and the FBI’s real crimes.

One can only wonder why they waited so long. Intelligence does not seem to be the hallmark of the Trump administration.
    https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/201...y-corrupt-fbi/