Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Last 100 Days

Type
    INtP
    It's like when you confront your girlfriend about fucking strangers so she can shoot up meth, but the whole conversation then turns about how you found out about it and how dare you look through her phone, that's an invasion of privacy.

It's hard to judge this story because if there's classified evidence that contradicts the narrative the White House is telling, they can't defend themselves, because it's classified evidence. This memo is coming from Nunes aides, and he has his hands in the Russian pie (was part of the transition team), so I keep it in context.

This was recently trending on Reddit about all the varied things about the Russian scandal. Republicans can claim that this is all a partisan witch hunt, but if the above is what is already publicly known info, then it really is the tip of the iceberg.

The FBI is working on behalf of Democrats? LOL. Comey and Mueller worked through administrations of both political parties, and Comey's statements about Clinton and her emails definitely did not help win the election at all. I think a look at the bigger picture shows that the tired "Republicans as perpetual victims" narrative simply isn't true. Although if we want to rehash civil liberties, privacy, and surveillance/safety measures it is probably worthwhile. Hadn't had a good debate about that since George W is in office. Although suddenly the Republicans are concerned about government surveillance

Type
    INTP
    So after all this time, we finally have actual evidence of collusion. That is, collusion between the DNC and DOJ to interfere in the presidential election. But that doesn't matter because Trump is a racist, right? And they totally have facts that change everything, they just can't tell them because suddenly Trump's opponents really care about not leaking classified information. What a fucking circus.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    So after all this time, we finally have actual evidence of collusion. That is, collusion between the DNC and DOJ to interfere in the presidential election.
    Be interested to hear what policy changes the Republicans are wanting to make to the FISA court considering they think the process needs improving. Or is it just political theatre?

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Be interested to hear what policy changes the Republicans are wanting to make to the FISA court considering they think the process needs improving. Or is it just political theatre?
    The Russia investigation isn’t going to go away. So they need to strengthen their narrative as a defense against the recommendations from the FBI/DOJ. To be used later to fire people, decide not to impeach, or any other forms of curtailing the truth of the matter.

Type
    INTP
    Oh it's all political theater. That's all our federal government does anymore, apart from military action. Just a bunch of overpaid crabs in a bucket talking shit for our entertainment while corporations pull the strings behind the scenes.

Type
    intp
    When Trump tweeted "Dow just crashes through 25,000. Congrats! Big cuts in unnecessary regulations continuing." I bet he wasn't thinking it would be crashing down through 25,000

Type
    INFJ
    Is there a problem with the FISA court system that all this trump stuff has revealed that has implications for civil liberties?

Type
    INFJ
    When Trump tweeted "Dow just crashes through 25,000. Congrats! Big cuts in unnecessary regulations continuing." I bet he wasn't thinking it would be crashing down through 25,000

Blain: "We All Know What Really Caused The VIX Storm"
    by Tyler Durden
    Wed, 02/07/2018 - 07:52
    Submitted by Bill Blain of Mint Partners

Well, we all know what really caused the VIX Storm:

It was Janet Yellen’s parting gift to Trump. As she walked out the door of the Fed for the last time, surrounded by the media, she politely posed the question: “Don’t you think stocks look overvalued?”

Don’t underestimate the power of a very smart and clever woman with an Axe to grind… I’d like to think it was true.. hell, maybe it is.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...used-vix-storm

Type
    INtP
    For Mara

I'm on mobile and I wonder if this img might be huge on laptop. Don't care tho.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    For Mara

I'm on mobile and I wonder if this img might be huge on laptop. Don't care tho.

Yesterday EPA administer Scott Pruitt questioned whether warming temperatures are harmful to humans, and claimed that a hotter surface temperature for the Earth could beneficial.

"Is it an existential threat, is it something that is unsustainable, or what kind of effect or harm is this going to have?" he said. "We know that humans have most flourished during times of, what, warming trends?"

The US is now forecast to use most of the world's remaining carbon budget by itself by 2050.