Thread: Open the pod bay doors, HAL. HAL?

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP

Open the pod bay doors, HAL. HAL?

Hey

I'm not sure what I should say.

I discovered MBTI back in the summer of 2008 and then found an INTP Profile by Paul James that knocked my socks off with how accurate it seemed to be. Previous to this revelation, I had considered Psychology and Psychometric Instruments to be too soft to enjoy bookshelf space with my rock hard Science Book collection. ...but I was convinced there must be some validity to it.

So along the way I've discovered that it has limits and other factors play into personality presentation. When in close quarters with others similarly typed, there can be an explosive array of attitudes and perspectives on any given subject and this gives one pause. But a wise man named CJ once said that in such homogenous confines we are apt to stake claim to polarized positions...and I think he had something there.

Another bright guy named Bronze?, Stuck?, No, Squats I think, said that INTPs can be sub-divided into 24 different bins, and I think he had something too.

Anyways, despite a lot of disjointed debate and outright animosity at times, there also seems to be some kinda 'glue' that binds a group such as this INTPish lot. Especially after they have been in poximity for awhile and an irrational nostalgia takes hold.

One thing is for certain, INTPish folk are addicted to learning and finding new ways to look at things, and being around like is akin to mutual codependency I think.

Oh and My favorite color is Sky Blue.
    Last edited by OrionzRevenge; 12-23-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Type
    INTP
    Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    Another bright guy named Bronze?, Stuck?, No, Squats I think, said that INTPs can be sub-divided into 24 different bins, and I think he had something too.
    Yeah, I've considered reaching out and asking him if we can present his thesis here under the collection of "what's an INTP?" articles/etc project.

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    ^^^ Thanks
    Hell, I think it was Frip that linked where they have lifted it over in China somewhere, and I saw it over at personality cafe.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    Stuck-in-bronze, nowadays just Stuck. I think we gotta get him here.