Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Are you a superrecogniser?

When @Sistamatic treats me like a stranger this Christmas, I'll understand. That's what I get out of this thread.

If they were all Vulcan faces on the test, you'd have done much better I'm sure. It's a species thing!
    Quote Originally Posted by whatloveihave View Post
    I don't find you a potential threat to human society, you're not crazy. Feces.

Type
    INTP
    9/14.

First 5 or so, and I was thinking, "hey, this is easy." Then I got distracted, and by the time I'd zoned back in at about 10 I'd totally lost motivation to concentrate.

Type
    INTP
    9/14, but then I had to guess some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by kali View Post
    Not a bad score considering all white people look the same
    You beat me to it, damn you.
    Your gardening sucks and your avocados ain't fruitin'. -- Sappho the Maestro

Type
    INTX
    "You scored 11 out of 14." Done very fast. I looked on direction, size, shape of eyes, jaw, forehead, nose, ears, hairstyle + moles, adam's apple + dot in chin etc.
    dot in chin is weird sexy thing.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    When @Sistamatic treats me like a stranger this Christmas, I'll understand. That's what I get out of this thread.

If they were all Vulcan faces on the test, you'd have done much better I'm sure. It's a species thing!
    Though you do look very similar to our other brother, I can always resort to smell if you ever start acting alike . Also, you move very differently. I can tell you apart even from a great distance by your mannerisms. He's infinitely more expressive with his arms, his posture, etc. One has to work at it to tell the difference between angry stigs and lost in thought stigs. If you ever wondered why people just start talking to you like nothing is wrong when you are stewing, now you know.

You, our brother, and our dad have such similar voices that my husband and my coauthor can't tell which of you is which when you game on teamspeak. I have no problem ... except for your telephone hellos. You all answer the phone identically.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    I'm also terrible with names. I have a tendency to come up with names for people that are descriptive of whatever I happened to remember about them. Like there's a mentally deficient guy who bags groceries that I call Birthday Suit Guy because he followed me to my car yelling "Birthday Suit" one time after the cashier noticed it was my birthday. The old lady across the street is Blind Racist Lady because she can't see very well and she can't go three sentences without mentioning how awful it is that there are black people in the neighborhood. I made a real name to trait name cheat sheet for all my coworkers that I kept on my phone because I kept sending emails to the wrong people. If I work their real name into the trait name, I'll never forget it. Like there is this lady at the park who "knows me" because she asked me about a frog I was taking pictures of once. Now whenever she sees me, she runs to catch up to me and my walk of quiet reflection turns into her jabbering on about her grandkids and her boyfriend and church. I used to call her park talky lady, but now I call her jabberjannell.
    lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoPPGoa9y6Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    11/14. there should to be celebrity plastic butt test. now that I'd ace. ace!
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    INTP
    You scored 10 out of 14.

If you scored above 10 or more you may be a super-recogniser. However, no test on its own is diagnostic of super-recognition face recognition ability.

At the University of Greenwich we normally ask participants, particularly police officers, to take a series of different tests under very different conditions to build up a true picture of face recognition ability...

We are always looking for volunteers willing to take part in our research programme in order to help us develop new tests and to understand more about why some people are better than others at face recognition.

You do not have to be a super-recogniser to take part and in particular we currently have research looking at the relationship in ability between different members of the same family (particularly parents and children but other members as well).. It would be great if you could ask your family to take part (full details are provided once you have taken the following tests)

My mind started to wander on the last few, so I think I could've done even better.

Type
    INTP
    7. Explains my lack of celebrity sightings when they supposedly walk right by me.