Type
    istj
    Wow that's really good.
    flat tire ferarri

Type
    INTP
    Next build, a ferris wheel:

Then with some of the leftover parts, the kiddo designed a truck:

I helped him with both of these, but kiddo took the lead.

Also, in light of the current circumstances, I did break down and buy him a lego basics starter kit - 400 something pieces. I'm holding it in reserve, though.

I'm thinking I might wrap (maybe? that's a lot of effort for me) interactive stuff for him to open at the rate of one thing a week if I wind up leaving him with my folks for a while.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INTP
    The other reason I finally decided to get legos as well is that Snap Circuits has this building thing that's legos compatible.

...Kid will think a global pandemic is the best thing ever if all that happens is he gets more time with the grandparents and at least two birthdays worth of extra presents.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INTP
    Snap circuits are super fun...didn't know there was a lego-compatible set. We do have a set of brixo...but they don't get used much...a bit beyond my son's abilities right now. I mean, he can build a basic circuit, but to make something to engage with the rest of his lego creations in a meaningful way is tough...the set we have doesn't really have sufficient components to make, say, a switch-operated garage door, or something of that nature...and being powered by a cord is quite a nuisance if you're trying to make a vehicle to join the rest of your fleet. It's a good set if you're just trying to do something STEM-y, but not so much for if you're looking to improve upon lego itself.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    About Znap again...
    I made the Wikipedia page and I've got at least $1000 of it.... I made this pic:

It was never released in Australia but I imported a lot from eBay and BrickLink.

I've even got the set with a motorised walking ant.

In some of the instructions there is a boy inside a Formula 1 racer built with Znap. That helped me want to get heaps of Znap. The wheels were made of circular pieces (a bit like my image) - I can't find that photo online...