Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gamification success

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    it's a huge relief to know when they are going to get done.
    I, too, feel much better knowing that the system has every task under control and will bring up required actions at the right time. It is still I who needs to perform those actions, of course, but I no longer get jolts of pain from suddenly remembering tasks that I have neglected.
    Last edited by repo_man; 10-13-2017 at 04:31 AM.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I'm keeping a paper agenda and it's addictive enough to get it all done and crossed out, without any gamification involved. As soon as I notice something I need to do, I put it in there, and I check it in the morning, at night, and during the day.

Today I did three 3-hr jobs, a 4-hr one and a 1-hr one. It's like I'm going overboard.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Today I did three 3-hr jobs, a 4-hr one and a 1-hr one. It's like I'm going overboard.
    I think if you need one thing that needs doing, and you do it, you start becoming intolerant of other things that haven't been done yet.

Same thing with studying, fixing things around the house, or (for some people) plastic surgery.

Type
    INTP
    I always struggle with to-do lists. I find them incredibly tedious and feel like it takes a lot of time just to keep them up to date. I already have to keep logs of what I do at work, as well has headache and food logs for my doctor. I really dislike doing these and have to force myself too. Adding any more lists or logs to my day just feels overwhelming. It starts to feel like I'm spending more time keeping track of what I do in a day than actually doing stuff. Maybe that's just me.

Also, I find that I don't tend to feel any better when I mark things done on work logs, or cross things off of to-do lists. Instead I'm just stressed about all the things left on there that still need to be done.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Leak View Post
    Also, I find that I don't tend to feel any better when I mark things done on work logs, or cross things off of to-do lists. Instead I'm just stressed about all the things left on there that still need to be done.
    There is no denying that to-do items are unpleasant beasts. I feel much better when I have corralled all of them to a list than when they roam freely in the dark night of my memory from where they can strike without warning.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I'm keeping a paper agenda and it's addictive enough to get it all done and crossed out, without any gamification involved.
    I'm sure a better gamification advocate could classify the addictive quality of your paper system into one of the many mechanisms of gamification. When you are a hammer etc.

Apparently different people get different kinds of kicks from their games or gamificaion systems. Like Madrigal, I get satisfaction when I manage to clear my current tasks. In addition, I am driven forward by the idea of increasing my points tally and by having that computer game carrot dangle in front of me.

hab sum paynis interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    ISTP
    this reminds me of robin shoving isomorphisms in my face during small talk. just stop. the two topics rrrr incompatible. /tells robin's m0m. lol @ m0ms
    Quote Originally Posted by Mxx View Post
    The smell of the ocean ... makes me gag.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by interprétation erronée View Post
    just stop. the two topics rrrr incompatible.
    I am not certain which two topics you mean here.