Thread: Personality in the Face

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner

Red face Personality in the Face

How people judge you based on your face:

More traits and pictures here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...-a7333406.html

Wow this is fascinating. I think based on these findings, people might judge me to be low in threat & dominance, high in extraversion. Maybe high in likeability if I made a concentrated effort to smile lots. How do you think people see you?
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Type
    INTP
    Heh, I think this is another reason why make-up bothers me. Women hide the ugliness of true nature with make-up and plastic surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by kali View Post
    How do you think people see you?
    I honestly have no idea. I don't seek feedback on my looks, and I shun being called beautiful.
    I am definitely average. I imagine if I painted a face on, I could be gorgeous. But what does that matter? I value my time too much to put in any kind of effort beyond hygiene and healthy grooming.

Yeah, I really haven't asked people how they see me, and what traits they gather from my looks.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    How people judge you based on your face:

[img]

More traits and pictures here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...-a7333406.html

Wow this is fascinating. I think based on these findings, people might judge me to be low in threat & dominance, high in extraversion. Maybe high in likeability if I made a concentrated effort to smile lots. How do you think people see you?
    I definitely have a bad case of resting bitch face, to the point that strangers have yelled at me for no apparent reason other than my supposed "looking at them viciously". People always seem relieved when I smile, though that doesn't happen very often. Outside of work, my attitude is definitely the "sod off and leave me alone" kind, so looking stern might actually be a good thing in that regard.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    to the point that strangers have yelled at me for no apparent reason other than my supposed "looking at them viciously".
    lol @ stinkeye.

Stinkeye is sexy.

Type
    INTP
    I always try to look off putting, but for some reason I still look inviting
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

keep your kokoro away PureViolence's Avatar
    Type
    ISFP
    just checked your instagram, you are chinese, VI is just too hardcore on chinese people, really, it's almost impossible to guess moods, cool art btw, do you study fine arts?
    made a thread on it some years ago:
    https://www.intpforum.com/showthread.php?p=490921

on a more serious note, i think most of the topic can be summarized in: you look serious you are Ni, you look happy you are Ne
    you make funny jokes Ne, you don't have sense of humour Ni

you will surely like this:

http://cognitivetype.com/theory-vultology/

Type
    INXj
    I think based on these findings, people might judge me to be low in threat & dominance, high in extraversion. Maybe high in likeability if I made a concentrated effort to smile lots. How do you think people see you?
    Same with me except the extraversion part. I have a very "feminine" face. It also doesn't help that I have a soft, weak voice. These physical traits signal submissiveness. If I work in a club, I'd probably make some good money but I work in a male-dominated field and I have to say I have been subjected to sexist stereotypes both from men and women.

As to perceived personality, I think strangers see me as reserved and unwelcoming. Some of my closest female friends have the same impression when they first met me. My male friends thought I was just mostly inside my head. I think smiles level the field in most cases, ha.
    We cling to our past as if they define us. What we do defines us.