Thread: Let My Bleeding Heart Lick Your Tears of Code

Type
    INTP

Let My Bleeding Heart Lick Your Tears of Code

This place is kind of like a home for me. I've met many of you, boozed it up with a shit ton of you, and even slept in a few of your beds. A lot of us are friends on FB. I've dated/lived with one of you for 2 years. I've been here since I was 20. I turn 29 in two months. You're like a family to me whether you like it or not!

Not to pander to your egos, but I can't even think of anywhere to ask more flush with minds just teeming with coding brilliance, so:

Every Friday I sit in a shitty office with 2 other students and 1 professor who run a tiny non-profit 501(c)(3). It's something I'm really excited about. Maybe I'm really an NF. Essentially, 4 women run a US branch for a dude who cashed in his savings and retirement, moved to India, and dedicates all his resources to education there. We raise funding to educate children in India who are either a) ex-sex workers or b) children of sex workers. We make nothing and donate our time.

I'm not requesting money because I hate that shit (I hate asking for anything, but whatever), but I am asking for your skills and creativity. I was hoping anyone who has free time could create a template that I could use to make our site more streamline and user friendly. It is a clusterfuck. If you're just starting out to get into the programming business and need something to add to your portfolio, this could be a cool opportunity for you.

Likewise, I'm organizing a raffle so if you have any shitty, corporate-y gift cards lying around, I can give you my address if you'd like to donate them to me. Or simply use my address to properly stalk me. Whichever. If I get a restraining order it just means I'm playing hard to get, ok?

Type
    INTP
    Sorry, I don't have the skills to help. I'm also bummed we never got a chance to hangout while I was the midwest. Just never made it back up to Chicago. One of my best friends just moved there, so I'm sure I"ll head out to that area at some point.

Type
    intp
    i dunno if this is anything like what you need, but it looks sexy: http://getbootstrap.com/

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by joft View Post
    i dunno if this is anything like what you need, but it looks sexy: http://getbootstrap.com/
    This looks super awesome. I can't wait to check it out when I get home. Thanks so much! <3