Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Feminization of Society

Type
    XXXX

The Feminization of Society

The feminization of society has gotten out of hand and is as complicit as technological addiction to its degradation leading to higher divorce rates, lack of social participation, and a culture of consumption grown wildly out of control. In effect, civilization has become one large extension of the nursery room, wherein individuals are coddled well-beyond adulthood and blinded to any of the destructive realities that might upset their sensitive natures, and also, where any attempts to confront those destructive realities by the few remaining courageous individuals is seen as either crazy or maligned for its association with an unbridled masculine will.

Those are my thoughts this morning. Yours?
    "Long live the weeds and the wilderness!"

Type
    INxP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Makers!* View Post
    There's a grain of truth in there, but still, the post is arrogant and says more about you than it does about society.
    Those are my thoughts this afternoon.

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    There's a grain of truth in there, but still, the post is arrogant and says more about you than it does about society.
    Those are my thoughts this afternoon.
    Maybe the fact it grates means the truth is more than a grain.

...And wasn't it Nietzsche who said something like every philosophy is a reflection of its philosopher.
    Last edited by Makers!*; 10-15-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Type
    xNxx
    Pretty odd to see technology conflated with feminism, most "deep ecology" philosophy out there does the opposite. You're a first. I don't think you'd make many fans in that scene, but I support your poaching environmentalists out of the MRA movement as a tactic.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    did something happen

just........... why

masculinity so fragile
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INxP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Maybe the fact it grates means the truth is more than a grain.
    Maybe. It's just I know a lot of people with a similar mentality (in my own family for example) and they're the ones scared shitless of any sort of change, which seems antithetical to my own notion of masculinity. They're also the ones that benefit from stuff not changing and fail to recognise as valid any struggle beyond the tip of their own nose. Isn't that it's own nursery?

So shall all three-and-a-half billion of us run around the countryside after elk to earn our manhood? Is that the idea? (At least that's the impression I got.)

...And wasn't it Nietzsche who said something like every philosophy is a reflection of it's philosopher.
    Not sure if he said that, but that seems to be the gist of philosophy alright!!

Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Utisz View Post
    Maybe. It's just I know a lot of people with a similar mentality (in my own family for example) and they're the ones scared shitless of any sort of change, which seems antithetical to my own notion of masculinity. They're also the ones that benefit from stuff not changing and fail to recognise as valid any struggle beyond the tip of their own nose. So shall all three-and-a-half billion of us run around the countryside after elk to earn our manhood? Is that the idea? (At least that's the impression I got.
    All three and a half billion could limit their internet use to shared locations in the community. All three and a half billion could limit their environmental footprint, practice self-reliance, and advocate for re-wilding efforts. All three and a half billion could support indigenous peoples rights, join backcountry and wildlife organizations and tithe regularly like to them like it's a church.

Type
    INxP
    INTPx Award Winner
    All three and a half billion could limit their internet use to shared locations in the community. All three and a half billion could limit their environmental footprint, practice self-reliance, and advocate for re-wilding efforts. All three and a half billion could support indigenous peoples rights, join backcountry and wildlife organizations and tithe regularly like to them like it's a church.
    All three and a half billion people could be like you, then. That's your idea of masculinity?

Type
    xNxx
    As they rekindle the age old dominance of men over women? That's the part that doesn't make any sense to me. Your dark green society could just as easily be matriarchal.

Type
    INFP
    The feminization of society has gotten out of hand and is as complicit as technological addiction to its degradation leading to higher divorce rates, lack of social participation, and a culture of consumption grown wildly out of control. In effect, civilization has become one large extension of the nursery room, wherein individuals are coddled well-beyond adulthood and blinded to any of the destructive realities that might upset their sensitive natures, and also, where any attempts to confront those destructive realities by the few remaining courageous individuals is seen as either crazy or maligned for its association with an unbridled masculine will.

afaik, half the things you noted are often considered masculine in American society. This would be my ordering:

Feminine
    coddling
    sensitivity

Masculine
    technological addiction (video games, silicon valley, etc)
    lack of social participation (aren't women the ones who are always called gossipy and obsessed with socializing?)

I mean, if you're going to structure your argument on stereotypes, you should at least get the stereotypes right. As is, the only real thing I could really learn from your OP is this:

These are things that Makers!* doesn't like
    coddling
    sensitivity
    technological addiction
    lack of social participation

Also, please refer to my signature for my further thoughts on the matter at hand