Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: The Feminization of Society

Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    I have zero interest in that video or the conversation that preceded it. My participation in this sidebar starts and ends with the observation of YouTube guy's hustle.
    Post modern thought is that there is no objective truth. There is only your subjective opinion, but i disagree

the guys right about where money is coming from and the bank of england proved it when it admitted what many us knew for a long time which is that money is created through loans. It IS all a con

Money creation in the modern economy
    By Michael McLeay, Amar Radia and Ryland Thomas of the Bank’s Monetary Analysis Directorate.
    Quarterly Bulletin
    2014 Q1

• This article explains how the majority of money in the modern economy is created by commercial
    banks making loans.
    • Money creation in practice differs from some popular misconceptions — banks do not act simply
    as intermediaries, lending out deposits that savers place with them, and nor do they ‘multiply up’
    central bank money to create new loans and deposits.
    • The amount of money created in the economy ultimately depends on the monetary policy of the
    central bank. In normal times, this is carried out by setting interest rates. The central bank can
    also affect the amount of money directly through purchasing assets or ‘quantitative easing’.
    http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/publi...eycreation.pdf

Type
    INXj
    Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Physiology is not the only correct term. Hormones have psychological effects.

The Role of Testosterone in Social Interaction

Neurobiological Underpinnings of the Estrogen-Mood Relationship

Testosterone is not an exclusively male hormone. Estrogen is not an exclusively female hormone. In general, however, males have more testosterone and females have more estrogen.
    These are true and I’m not disagreeing with you about testosterone and estrogen. From a scientific standpoint, are you saying aggressive traits are masculine and irritability is a feminine trait? Because really, women can be aggresive and competitive too and there’s a plethora of studies that proved this.

My point is that masculinity and femininity are social constructs that were culturally instilled in our psyche for the benefit of one gender in power. Take a closer look at societies with higher level of gender equality, these constructs are not enforced. If you* think we need these constructs for our society’s survival, you* are part of the problem.

* plural you
    Siriusly Black.

Type
    IXTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    These are true and I’m not disagreeing with you about testosterone and estrogen. From a scientific standpoint, are you saying aggressive traits are masculine and irritability is a feminine trait? Because really, women can be aggresive and competitive too and there’s a plethora of studies that proved this.

My point is that masculinity and femininity are social constructs that were culturally instilled in our psyche for the benefit of one gender in power. Take a closer look at societies with higher level of gender equality, these constructs are not enforced. If you* think we need these constructs for our society’s survival, you* are part of the problem.

* plural you

What I'm saying is, there's a grain of biological truth to some gender stereotypes. Doesn't mean men and women's personalities are predetermined or that men must have masculine personalities and women must have feminine personalities.

Recent studies usually don't say testosterone = aggression. The one in my last post links testosterone and a drive for social status.

Type
    XXXX
    “In a nation of frightened dullards there is a sorry shortage of outlaws, and those few who make the grade are always welcome.” --HST