Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: The Feminization of Society

Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ACow View Post
    While I can in general agree with your high level first sentence, have you considered the possibility that finding meaning and purpose in work is/was itself a socially engineered imposed artificial morality?
    it depends what you mean by 'work'

so i personally would have no problem with society sharing the work around so that we could all work less. I have a lot of things i'd like to do with my spare time. i wouldn't be idle and most people aren't. Most people have interests that they pursue even though no one pays them to do it

But what I'm speaking about is a world in which artificial intelligence controls everything through a SMART grid. Humans become simply nodes in its scheme.

Money would be digitised and run on a blockchain. The humans allowed to live would be given digitised credits onto their implanted microchip if they did what the AI run system wants them to do

You would have no freedom to make decisions for yourself as all would be dictated to you. Does that not sound like a soulless existence?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    no you won't just lose your gender identity or gender roles you will lose your freedom and your essential humanity

transhumanism is about the merging of humans with machines but the rise of AI will see most people rendered redundant in the eyes of the technocrats who control the technology

your war is a pyrrhic one in which you will be dissolved along with the object of your hate

kinda like the two mothers sitting before solomon. You'd be the mum who'd say ''kill us all'' just to ensure you destroyed the other mother
    Destruction of humankind? Where do I sign?
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Destruction of humankind? Where do I sign?
    got a SMART phone?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    got a SMART phone?
    Of course! That way I can be tracked whenever I have it with me and charged, which is almost never.

Do you have any literature that would tell me which sinister parties to throw my weight behind?
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    INTP
    Regarding gender roles/identities, there are plenty of cultures which recognize more than 2 genders going back quite a way through history. Genders and biological sex are only the same thing in some narratives, but not in all.

We can all distinguish an effeminate man from a macho man...so I'm not sure I agree that seeing masculine as distinct from male is problematic.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INTP
    This was an interesting article, to me:
    http://thetalon.ca/the-post-truth-po...ronoun-debate/
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Robcore View Post
    We can all distinguish an effeminate man from a macho man...so I'm not sure I agree that seeing masculine as distinct from male is problematic.
    You just described the problem.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    You just described the problem.
    can you elaborate on how it is a problem?