Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bash different prescription meds and the side effects we've experienced

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner

Bash different prescription meds and the side effects we've experienced

Quote Originally Posted by Randall View Post
    Eww Slowloft? If never having an orgasm again cures depression then the treatment is worse than the disease. Two hour long sex sessions aren't as fun if they happen every time. Can we have a thread where we just bash different prescription meds and the side effects we've experienced?
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Type
    INTP
    Allergic to penicillin? Experience the panic of the Darth Vader force choke in your own home!

Type
    INTP
    I once took a Vicodin. I then proceeded to sleep like the dead for eight hours, through a thunderstorm that literally flooded the city, only to wake up feeling like garbage and with two feet of water in my basement (which I didn't find out about for three more days). How the fuck do people get addicted to this shit?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    I once took a Vicodin. I then proceeded to sleep like the dead for eight hours, through a thunderstorm that literally flooded the city, only to wake up feeling like garbage and with two feet of water in my basement (which I didn't find out about for three more days). How the fuck do people get addicted to this shit?
    That's what they want: to skip the next few hours.

Or at least that's what a couple poly addicts told me. From using it for physical pain--kinda rings true.
    Every master plan has one overarching contingency that will be required for success: desenrascanšo. In light of this, it is tempting to skip the planning phase and just make desenrascanšo your master plan. I don't recommend this, but it has worked out for me in the past to an alarming degree. The problem is it keeps you too focused on the short term to ever improve your situation in the long.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Christ, all of them

Ambien.
    The occasional euphoric high and mistaken belief that it might be a good idea to go for a drive. Maybe even play a phone game at the same time, because hey! it's not real right!?
    Next day drowsiness (wasn't this the fucking thing I wanted to avoid? - the whole point of taking the pill in the first place?) -also horrible, depression, just hopeless, soul sucking emptiness, some sort of chemically imbalanced unhappiness. I'm proabably at the point where I'd rather go back to natural and just be tired and accept the insomnia means frequent off days.

NSAID topical solution aka diclofenac (bitches love my diclofenac knee).
    Nausea, for ten days. Lost 15ib. It was for infrapatellar bursitis, (clergyman's knee) which went away on its own a few weeks later anyway.

Codeine (and probably all of the pain killers)
    A dentist told me I could take two at a time. Ended up like a fish on the bathroom floor, focusing to keep breathing.

Dosage seems hit and miss with me for just about anything. I generally take about half of a prescription pill, supposing that like clothing, it's probably intended for some "average" 225ib man.

Even bullshit supplements seem to fuck me up. I decided it would be a good idea to take supplements that I didn't need - multivitamin, D3 and B6.
    I've been waking up feeling dried out and my eyes felt like they had glass coming out of them. Do some stigmata shit and cry glass like a living statue from all of the diamotaceous earth, silica and whatever other shit I've been ingesting.
    I should be lucky I don't get a kidney stone. No more crappy meal replacement shakes either, especially the powdered supplement ones (they make my kidneys hurt!)
    Last edited by Limes; 10-29-2017 at 03:41 AM.

Type
    INTP
    I do not receive prescriptions -- apart from one exception -- for I do not partake in the medical system. The exception is that I see a dentist, and once, I was prescribed some antibiotics during a root canal. I took those, and that was that. It was the first and, as I see it now, last prescription I'll ever receive or fulfill. Prescriptions aside, I do not partake in OTC stuff, either. The whole of the modern world of "meds" and medical practice is just one big knot of side-effects, as I see it. I have enough of those with just the basic throes of my almost completely unmedicated life. I don't want to unnecessarily rely on shit I don't need to, as such, either.

And so, side-effects regardless, I bash meds in general, and in some cases, on principle.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Same as Ptah.

I take ibuprofen for period pain, because it's too intense, intense enough to make me vomit. (Fun times)

I don't take antibiotics unless I have no choice.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    Ibuprofen is a significant portion of my diet. Never had a problem with it but I wonder if it will bite me in the ass one day.

Type
    INTP
    Prednisone - Great if you like insomnia and random mood swings. Also great if you want to constantly feel hungry and have your body puff up from retained water. Ramps up my anxiety to, so that's another bonus.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Welbutrin may help keep my dad alive, turns him into a whirlwind of compulsive shopping. Combined with a predisposition to collecting things, he's pushing fast into "obvious hoarder is obvious" territory. Good thing I know how pack a storage unit.
    Every master plan has one overarching contingency that will be required for success: desenrascanšo. In light of this, it is tempting to skip the planning phase and just make desenrascanšo your master plan. I don't recommend this, but it has worked out for me in the past to an alarming degree. The problem is it keeps you too focused on the short term to ever improve your situation in the long.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)