Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia 6 Day 4

Type
    INFP

Mafia 6 Day 4

https://www.tickcounter.com/countdow...72/mafia-day-4
    You can click on that link to see how much time is left in the day. And please let me know if there's a way to embed the timer directly into posts here

Player List:
    KOI
    Light Leak
    lethe
    Faust, mafia
    Neville, town doctor
    Polemarch, vanilla townie
    Quicktwist, town cop
    Robcore
    Squishy
    Sinny, vanilla townie
    LowIQLogan
    Vison

🎃Only bold votes count.
    🎃You can change your vote at any time before the day phase ends.
    🎃Unless otherwise specified (see next rule), the sun will set exactly 48 hours after the time of this post, regardless of whether or not I'm around to say that it has ended.
    🎃A lynch (or no lynch) occurs when all players have voted and a simple majority is reached. If the deadline is reached without a simple majority, no lynch occurs.
    🎃Any of the roles from this list may be in play.
    🎃All night actions must be submitted by PM before the 12 hour night ends (if all votes are submitted sooner, the next day will start sooner). If I have not heard from you, I will presume you are not taking any action.
    🎃Do not quote, fabricate, or refer to my PM's.
    🎃If you feel an overwhelming compulsion to do something that could possibly be considered against the rules, ask me about it first via PM.
    🎃If you believe a mod error has been made or you disagree with any (in)action I took, please PM me immediately.
    🎃I won't answer any questions about another player's role.
    🎃If you have any questions about your role pm, please ask them privately.
    🎃Do not talk about this game anywhere else.
    🎃Keep personal attacks to a minimum. Do not bring drama from elsewhere on the forum into this game.
    🎃Do not meta-game by referencing me or what you perceive as my biases; everything is randomized.
    🎃Penalties may be placed on your team if you seriously neglect any of these rules.
    *rules adapted from mafiascum.net

🎃Daily Fun Fact: Werewolves Within is a VR game inspired by mafia.

Spoiler: Detailed Rules
    summary

There are 2 teams: mafia and townies. Mafiosos want to kill townies; townies want to kill mafiosos. You'll be told whether you're a townie or mafia in a pm at the start of the game. If you're a townie, you won't know which of the other players are townies and which ones are mafia. If you're mafia, you'll be told (via pm) who the other mafiosos and townies are.

The game is divided into "days" (48 hours each) and "nights" (12 hours each, or until all night actions are received).

Every day, one player can die. During this time, every player - mafia and townie - has the option of discussing suspects/brewing paranoia in the game thread and then bolding the name of his/her prime target, the person they most want to kill. At the end of the day, the person whose name has been bolded by the most players dies (they drift away to the graveyard thread and can't comment on the game anymore). Then, I will publicly reveal the real identity of that person. If they turn out to be a mafioso, yay for the townies. If you're a townie, you'll be shooting in the dark for the first couple of rounds, because there won't be many clues about who the mafiosos are, but slip-ups and insights will accumulate in the thread over time.

Every night, the townies have to go completely silent and cover their eyes, and the mafia gets to kill a townie. They discuss and vote in pm's (and then send the mod (me) the name of the agreed-upon townie). This has to happen by the end of the night. In the next day phase, I will reveal the name of the murdered townie, and discussion in the game thread can resume, with this new evidence in hand.

There are also special roles, which complicate the game. If you have a special role, you'll be told so in the first pm.

The game ends when the townies manage to kill all the mafia, or when the mafia outnumbers the townies.

Type
    INTP
    Nice!! So who was he favouring? and what else should we look for in his vote history and comments?
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INTP
    Damn, I can't tell.
    Short post summary:

-Said Koi, lethe and Logan seemed scum
    -later vote Koi
    -Later argued that his vote for Koi was basically just based on others' arguments
    -Later defended voting for Koi over Logan, and buffered that by saying that of the inactives, I(Robcore) was more conspicuous.
    -Noted that he was first to vote Polemarch, to assert that he wasn't bandwagoning.
    -Did the imagination exercise
    -Accused Koi of masterminding mafia
    -another post near end of day? accusing Koi of slippery behaviour.

Thoughts on this forthcoming...gotta feed the kids.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INTP
    Could make a case for Logan, based on his posts...
    ...and would it make sense for a mafia to have bandwagoned on him near the end? looks like Sinny was last...so perhaps not...

Type
    eNTP
    Squishy was awfully panicked about what Faust's lynch result was going to be. Seemed to know and believe it would be held against them. They then proceeded to flail with a lot of factual inaccuracies, and have had a history of hard reframes of my input--much like Faust.

I would like another split wagon, but my mind was made up by the squirming.

Vote: Squishy
    "Just because it's 2020 doesn't mean everyone has perfect vision."--catchphrase of a fictional comedian in some movie

Type
    INTP
    Squishy's panic was suspicious. But then when KOI had 4 votes, and Faust had 3 Squishy was the one to switch to Faust and swing the votes in his direction.

Type
    INTP
    Yeah, but that's after I was pushing him to, when I was saying it was suspicious Faust wouldn't vote Logan and it was suspicious in my eyes squishy didn't even want Logan to be an option
    Don't remember changing this.

Type
    INTP
    Hmm... yeah looking back it does appear that Squishy may have been nudged into the Faust vote.

Type
    INTP
    fwiw, Squishy was the last to vote Faust before the confirmed Sinny...not sure if that's sufficient to say that he saw Faust going down and was trying to earn cred? Probably have to analyze more context clues to be sure. I guess you guys are talking about the context clues, actually...that he was nudged into the Faust vote, and whatnot...Doesn't seem like Faust left a ton to go on...
    I think Logan is still a good candidate, and Squishy, too. Not feeling Koi as much, now...

Type
    INTP
    I'm having a hard time imagining why Squishy (if mafia) would switch votes from KOI to Faust. Especially the vote that swings the vote from KOI to Faust. The only reason that makes sense to me is if KOI is also mafia, and they knew someone was going down by the end of the day anyway.

I don't want to get too focused on Squishy and KOI just yet. I want to take some time to consider everyone.