Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Life Hacks.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    You mean the part that keeps the button from remaining depressed after you let go of it?
    If it does that, I've never seen a failure for it to prevent. I saw it as a tiny leaf spring that you have to compress to spin the spark wheel, like a child proof cap on a medicine bottle. It might also reduce the risk of the lighter going off in your pocket, but I don't walk around with lighters in my pocket. Might also be why I've never seen a button return failure.
    Every master plan has one overarching contingency that will be required for success: desenrascanço. In light of this, it is tempting to skip the planning phase and just make desenrascanço your master plan. I don't recommend this, but it has worked out for me in the past to an alarming degree. The problem is it keeps you too focused on the short term to ever improve your situation in the long.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post

Try making the list of tasks a story. It works best with complex tasks being broken into discrete steps, but if a haphazard day can be a coherrent blag post after the fact, surely it's possible to envision such a day beforehand. If you can't, you might want to rethink asking it od yourself. Feel free to plan for awkward or zany events. Be prepared.
    Can you give an example of a story like this?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by repo_man View Post
    Can you give an example of a story like this?
    How about this: think about the day you want to have, in task terms. Tell me a plan-as-story about some set of chores you have, but pretend they're already done, and I just asked you about your day and clearly am interested in hearing the answer.

Then I'll do a modest punch up to show some memory anchors. The simplest are just hyperbole and hope--or snarkastic pessimism.... Tomorrow.
    Every master plan has one overarching contingency that will be required for success: desenrascanço. In light of this, it is tempting to skip the planning phase and just make desenrascanço your master plan. I don't recommend this, but it has worked out for me in the past to an alarming degree. The problem is it keeps you too focused on the short term to ever improve your situation in the long.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Time to get real about the target audience:
    Spoiler: