Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Life Hacks.

Type
    INtP
    At our grocery store there is a small little kiosk/stand that has produce that is designated for kids to snack on in the store that you could probably take (a banana, an orange, or an apple).

The bad thing is I let my kids have it, and then some of the olds or just angry cunts who hate kids shoot a glare at me like I'm letting my kid eat the merchandise. You don't know about the kiosk, Greg, don't judge my life

Type
    INTP
    If you have a tetrapak with a screw top that is off-centre, pour the liquid with the opening at the top rather than the bottom because it will come out in a steady stream and be less likely to spill. This is particularly true when the container is full. The reason is that when the opening is at the top, the air outside is directly connected to the air gap above the liquid inside the container meaning that no air needs to be sucked in from outside through the stream of liquid to equalise the air pressure inside the container.

i.e. tilt the image below anti-clockwise (counter-clockwise) rather than clockwise to pour.

Big change is coming

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    At our grocery store there is a small little kiosk/stand that has produce that is designated for kids to snack on in the store that you could probably take (a banana, an orange, or an apple).

The bad thing is I let my kids have it, and then some of the olds or just angry cunts who hate kids shoot a glare at me like I'm letting my kid eat the merchandise. You don't know about the kiosk, Greg, don't judge my life
    This reminds me of one.

Want boneless chicken thighs but find them expensive? Grab a pack of bone-in, bring it to the meat counter, ask them to de-bone it. It's a free service. Keep the bones, freeze them, and later make chicken stock.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    eNTP
    This may be a very contentious life hack. I just learned it, and after some testing, I've decided that all my life, I've been using my spacebar wrong.

If you're using a mechanical keyboard take a look at your spacebar. If you have a sculpted/tiered profiling on your keys, your thumb is probably coming down on an edge rather than a flat. You've been typing that way forever because that's how they're made, so you probably ignore it.

Flip your spacebar around so that that profile is reversed, and your thumb will rest on a flat instead of on an edge. It looks wrong. It's leaning toward you and looks like it isn't seated right, but take some time to type with it, and notice how soft and smooth it feels.

If you're like me, if you flip it back, you'll hate how it feels more than you dislike how the flipped option looks. And then after flipping it back for a bit more, you'll change your mind and decide it looks right, because honestly, shouldn't the keys meet your fingers smoothly? Isn't the whole point of sculpted keys and tiering them about getting them to cradle your finger tips? So obviously, having a nice plane that matches the angle of the sides of your thumbs should be the way to go. It doesn't look wrong, I'd just never seen one put together correctly before.
    "Just because it's 2020 doesn't mean everyone has perfect vision."--catchphrase of a fictional comedian in some movie

Type
    INTP
    One of my best life hacks right now is ultrathin towels. We actually use woven cotton cloth fabric towels from India. They look nice, feel nice, absorb everything they need to, and dry quickly. They also take up hardly any space. We have some thicker Indian towels for guests, but even those are maybe a fourth of the thickness of terrycloth.

I think you can buy similar ones on Amazon - they're called Turkish bath towels. Or just make your own using fabric.

But particularly in a warm, humid climate, these are a huge life quality upgrade.

I never have damp, dank towels anymore. Not ever.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post

I got really thirsty last month whilst shopping at the supermarket. I picked up drinks and put them in the trolley, but a little while later I decided I couldn't wait another 30 minutes till we checked out, so I decided just to open a drink and part drink it then. I paid for it at check out. Nobody noticed, or nobody cared. I've been doing it routinely since then. The check out girl definitely noticed the half a bottle today, but didn't say jack shit.

I heard a rumour on the internet that as long as you buy the product you consumed in store, it's legit.

On the days I remember to, I come out with a bottle from home, which is also one of theirs. They'd have a hard time policing me and my drinks, lol.
    All truth passes through three stages:

First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I got really thirsty last month whilst shopping at the supermarket. I picked up drinks and put them in the trolley, but a little while later I decided I couldn't wait another 30 minutes till we checked out, so I decided just to open a drink and part drink it then. I paid for it at check out. Nobody noticed, or nobody cared. I've been doing it routinely since then. The check out girl definitely noticed the half a bottle today, but didn't say jack shit.

I heard a rumour on the internet that as long as you buy the product you consumed in store, it's legit.

On the days I remember to, I come out with a bottle from home, which is also one of theirs. They'd have a hard time policing me and my drinks, lol.
    Oh, I do that all the time. I didn't realize it was controversial.

In New Orleans the wine area had a bar wear you could buy a cup of wine to sip as you shop. ...I miss New Orleans.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    istj
    I don't do it because I worry my card will decline and although management would likely let me just keep the drink I already drank out of pity, I'd be even more embarrassed.

I check my bank account before I buy most things, but what if my bank shut my card off due to it getting compromised at the gas pump or last point of sale, and I missed the fraud department's call because my phone is always silent and I have no phone service half the time (shout out to StraightTalk)
    flat tire ferarri

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by TeresaJ View Post
    Oh, I do that all the time. I didn't realize it was controversial.

In New Orleans the wine area had a bar wear you could buy a cup of wine to sip as you shop. ...I miss New Orleans.
    I don't know if it's controversial, based on nobody batting an eyelid yet, I'm assuming it's not. It's just not something you'd often see people here do. Those that do are probably "bold".
    All truth passes through three stages:

First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident.