Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You annoy me

Type
    iNTP

You annoy me

and that should not be the case, because it"s a projection. Puh.

Psychology. Let me claim the word. Well. It's a shared experience, for sure.
    Edit: that is to say to take , from the chest of manifold treasures of C.G. Jung and propagte :')
    Last edited by TheTensing; 11-02-2017 at 07:39 AM.

Type
    iNTP
    like, for example, did you all know that the wise founder of the AA's was inspired by C.g. Jung, thus validating in his successes Jung"s analytical psychology as a means for the ways of men, far and wide beyond the division of religious faith codemning the abuse of the spirit of the substance.

Type
    xNxx
    Well too bad AA doesn't actually do anything for the recidivism rate of alcoholics.

For the record I think AA and Jung have their place.

Type
    INTP
    I never quite got that "projection" point.

People really, really annoy me when they move slowly or talk too much. I do neither of those things. So what gives, eh.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INfj
    Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

Poor people are loud and obnoxious.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    I never quite got that "projection" point.

People really, really annoy me when they move slowly or talk too much. I do neither of those things. So what gives, eh.
    Don't usually quote scripture, but a human put the idea on paper so credit where credit is due. This gets at my perception of projection.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
    3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
    4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
    5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
     Matthew 7:1-5 KJV (Matthew 7:1-5)
    Or you could use the analogy of the carpenter with only a hammer seeing every problem as a nail. People who fuck over everyone expect everyone to try to fuck them over etc etc. Projection.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Starjots View Post
    People who fuck over everyone expect everyone to try to fuck them over etc etc. Projection.
    I find that people who are constantly worried about being cheated on are the ones most likely to cheat.

Type
    INTP
    Bad burns leave ugly scars.

Some people heal better than others.
    For some, "how", not "why", is the fundamental unit of measure for curiosity. This divergence is neither parallel, nor straight. Where one might have a "why?-5" problem, it might only be a "how?-2" question. But then, there are also many things where the "why?" is immediately obvious but the "how?" is best measured in centuries of perpetual wonder. Both approaches have their drawbacks.

If one is superior, the other is unaware of it.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    I did know that actually. He talks about it in one of his quick talks that were recorded.

Jung kind of shows up in the strangest places sometimes. Like the forward of an I Ching I purchased.