Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia 6 Day 5

Type
    Intp
    Oh, one thing to think about before I got to bed, so let's assume there are two mafia left

So Lethe and Heph "both" voted me at the same time and the round didn't end. This means that there wasn't a mafia player free to vote. So between me, Lethe, and KOI are "two mafia". And if it's two mafia left, all they have to do is lynch one townie to win the game, so a mafia throwing another mafia under the bus is a weird play. So that pretty much confirms Lethe and Heph are mafia.

Now let's assume there is one mafia left. Mafia needs to get two townies to vote against another Townie. They have to throw suspicion around, as well as votes to get Town people to vote against one another.

I think it's likely the 2 mafia scenario given that Lethe and Heph are fishing for votes, seem to be in agreement on who to target (but their reads are hazy and shallow), and the game didn't end when they both voted me. They were probably hoping either Vison or Rob would throw up a vote. But it didn't work.

Night.

Type
    Intp
    OH WAIT

ROBCORE!!

Heph voted you, right? Assuming you are Town, then if Heph was Town, two mafia would jump on his vote and kill you and end the game. That didn't happen, so you know either there is one mafia left or Heph is mafia.

Type
    INTP
    Wrong. On everything down to how voting ends. There are several conditions required for voting to end listed in the rules.

A simple majority at day's end.

A simple majority and everyone has voted. Just having three votes won't do it so long as there is someone who hasn't voted. That's how the word 'and' works.

The rest is just garbage. If things worked like you described, the proper maf play would be to leap when any townie was targeted at all. Easy and instant win.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    I just want to say that if there are 2 mafia left, then if one Town votes another Town, the 2 mafia will jump on that and vote and the game will be over. So if you are Town, please be careful about voting.

I also agree with Vison's summary of Lethe and I think KOI/Heph and Lethe are the mafia team. I'll have to make a case later (just got home from work and going to sleep), but just the fact that they voted at the beginning here to try and bait any townies into putting up a vote against a townie is pretty suspect. Especially when my town reads, Rob and Vison, are on their list of targets...I think we got this. I don't think they played this right at all.

Oh yeah, and assuming there is 2 mafia let, then we've already seen Lethe and Heph vote, so we can conclude that their votes weren't a Town against a Town vote. I mean unless of course there is only 1 mafia left, which is of course still possible. Blorg could have thrown a curveball to make the game more interesting that way. Dunno. But based on normal mafia games and the number of players at start, there is usually 3 mafia in the game.
    Really, this is all incredibly silly. There are five people left in the game and you think voting for you Rob or Vison is proof of being mafia because you think Rob and Vison read town? As manipulation it's transparent and sloppy and as reasoning it's... not.

You are correct on one thing in your hand wavy diatribes. I was baiting with my vote: for reactions. From what reactions I got though, I'm hoping your speculation about only one maf remaining proves true.
    People think they understand their own mortality, even when that understanding has just changed.

Type
    INTP
    @lethe: what, if anything, makes Squishy look town?

Type
    Intp
    oh, just read all of Blorg's post from end of day 3 to say you are wrong. So 1 person can get three votes, but day doesn't end, unless the other two vote or don't vote. That's kind of dumb. It should end regardless because a majority is reached, but whatever.

meh, alright I'm done then, back to my intuition read, let the game play out as it does. If I get lynched, whatever.

vote Lethe

Type
    Intp
    but day doesn't end, unless the other two vote or "say they won't vote" I mean.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    oh, just read all of Blorg's post from end of day 3 to say you are wrong. So 1 person can get three votes, but day doesn't end, unless the other two vote or don't vote. That's kind of dumb. It should end regardless because a majority is reached, but whatever.
    No. That's hardcore anti-town. You make it really really hard to believe you're town.

Type
    Intp
    uh-huh. because he says "simple majority" and it confused me because he really means "everyone has to vote or say they aren't voting".

you aren't doing a good job of making me look mafia.

Type
    Intp
    Hey, Heph why don't you actually read me as a player, instead of harping on rules that are confusing and unlike anything I'm used too. That would actually make it look like you're scumhunting.