Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: How would you move Mount Fuji?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    Start asking that to people applying for the most important positions and you'll be screwed. You'll end up eliminating some applicants who are the most qualified in conventional ways directly related to the task, even if it's creative.
    If you can't answer a question that shows insight to your thought process or how quickly you can react to unexpected challenges, I would say you are far from being "the most qualified."

Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    it’s the context that’s a turn off. they wanna see how enthusiastic you can be about a fake question in a fake interview designed to gauge how profit-making and corporate your personality is. in reality, yes, most of us would play along.
    Yeah, I'd disagree with 3/4ths of that. You'd prefer cookie cutter questions? Then what, tell them what you think they want to hear? If you're applying for a job and there's an interview process, you're (collective you, not you personally) not really in a position to say you're above corporate whoredom.

From my pov, many of those dismissing the question as being stupid and irrelevant look more like an unsuccessful deflection from their lack of creative processing. If they can't play along in a fictitious thread, I don't have much faith they'd do better in real life.

FAILS!!! 90% of you! F-A-I-L!

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    i would read it rainbow bridge

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by last_caress View Post
    Swap names with another mountain.
    winner

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan26 View Post
    Yeah, I'd disagree with 3/4ths of that. You'd prefer cookie cutter questions? Then what, tell them what you think they want to hear? If you're applying for a job and there's an interview process, you're (collective you, not you personally) not really in a position to say you're above corporate whoredom.

From my pov, many of those dismissing the question as being stupid and irrelevant look more like an unsuccessful deflection from their lack of creative processing. If they can't play along in a fictitious thread, I don't have much faith they'd do better in real life.

FAILS!!! 90% of you! F-A-I-L!
    your words, not mine. applying for jobs doesn't make you a "corporate whore" (gross), that's an attitude you choose to have when you lack a meaningful personal identity, and it's not exactly the same as playing along. you can tell yourself you're more creative than everybody else cuz you're more willing to whore out, but that's just not gonna be the truth.
    the clouds in the sky caress my mind so tenderly

Type
    INTP
    My first thought was that it is already moving...so, regarding this proposed movement, I'd ask "relative to what?" I mean, it travels the entire distance around the sun each year, whilst doing a bunch of twirls...
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I just finished moving someone, so I would chip in to hire a moving company to do it. Fuck helping a mountain move. Probably trying to start a new religion or some such mischief. I'm not in for any of that noise.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    I would design and build a satellite to launch to unfold a giant mirror in orbit and focus the sun's awesome power on poor little Fuji.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    I would design and build a satellite to launch to unfold a giant mirror in orbit and focus the sun's awesome power on poor little Fuji.
    I suppose one could argue remove is a form of move.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    edit: oh i already had posted here. find more creative problems like this one. it's fun.

Damned
    Type
    INTP
    Rokki and PureViolence somehow seem newer than this thread.