Thread: This is a very pleasant pineapple

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner

This is a very pleasant pineapple

This video made me think...

Pseudo-Bertrand Russell: "Are you saying there are no philosophical problems?"

Pseudo-Wittgenstein: "Philosophy is just a byproduct of misunderstanding language!"

I've been trying to figure out what he means for years now. And this is what I think

Everything exists as it is

Humanity creates paradigms and constructs as means to make sense of existential phenomena. Philosophical debates are concerned with incongruences between different humanly constructions and conceptions of reality.

Because this is the case

That an empiricist and rationalist could argue for hours about epistemological truth, but no matter how sophisticated their arguments are, everything exists as it is, and reality is no more different.

Philosophy is then kind of like a Ghost in the Machine, a "spirit" or conception separate from reality, but still living in it...

I think the same about language, of mathematics, of science. All constructions, humanly creations. All models of reality.

Model --> Reality
    Signifer --> Signified
    Symbol --> Meaning
    Phenomena --> Nuomena
    Representation --> Will
    "This is a very pleasant pineapple" --> ??

Then...

Pseudo-Wittgenstein: What is going on behind my words, when I say, "This is a very pleasant pineapple?"

"Nothing is hidden! Everything is open to view!"
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    Out of all the fruits to house your dick, who chooses a pineapple??

Stanley does

Fuckin Stanley
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Table Cloth Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTj
    A lonely lumberjack is in the woods, he's chopping down trees, he has a pineapple and a banana and decides which one he wants to mount in the tree he's just been chopping. Does he choose the banana out of natures convenience as natures flesh light or does he use his axe to fanaggle a hole just the right way. What I would do is stick the banana inside the pineapple, but that would make a sad banana. If he fucks a pineapple in the woods and no one sees it, did it really happen? Well yes, because everything in reality is consistent, and I don't need science to prove to me that I should probably not eat that pineapple.
    I forget but I donít forgive