Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the Ugh axiom

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx

the Ugh axiom

I've been observing a certain phenomenon where I'll find some behavior someone does annoying. only to realize I do that same thing. Or I'll dislike something about someone's face that I'm not into, only to trace it back to myself again, whether morphologically or because I'm afraid of looking that way. It's pretty much an axiom at this point.

Thoughts?

(be sure to read my kali quote and judge her harshly)
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    INFJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Things I find that I dislike in others tend to be things I really extra dislike in myself. I have some unreasonable standards for others, I guess.

(Dude, kali says that about everyone's baby; she said it about mine too. It's just her way of saying "oh, you have a baby?" or "do you have the time?" Sometimes that's hard for some people to just come out and say that stuff.)
    stupid pancakes.

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    Quote Originally Posted by itch View Post
    Things I find that I dislike in others tend to be things I really extra dislike in myself. I have some unreasonable standards for others, I guess.

(Dude, kali says that about everyone's baby; she said it about mine too. It's just her way of saying "oh, you have a baby?" or "do you have the time?" Sometimes that's hard for some people to just come out and say that stuff.)
    Exactly! Here's my argument for why that statement implies a certain something. (btw I just want to make her squirm a little, she's a grow woman. Rocky's not offended and her kid's probably adorable if for recessive cheeks jeans)

[Edited]
    https://youtu.be/eQ10N8TRZvk?t=51
    Last edited by interprétation erronée; 11-08-2017 at 03:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    INFJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by interprétation erronée View Post
    Exactly! Here's my argument for why that statement implies a certain something.
    ...that baby looks like Tom Cruise somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by interprétation erronée View Post
    (btw I just want to make her squirm a little, she's a grow woman. Rocky's not offended and her kid's probably adorable if for recessive cheeks jeans)
    (Yea, I know it. Only reason I'm playin'.)
    stupid pancakes.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves” -Jung

Type
    INFJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky balbotox View Post
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves” -Jung
    ...time traveling bastard stole my thing!! Heads up gang... Jung has a time machine. (had? ...ffk i should have gone to school)
    stupid pancakes.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    A good example of this is seen with all of those Trump-hating Hollyweirdos who previously dogged on him for his locker room speak
    bUt ThEy ArE tHe OnEs MoLeStInG pEoPLe

By the way: Lena Dunham molested her own sister

FTR I think Trump's a bag of smashed assholes like most politicians; unlike me, a moral exemplar everyone should aspire to be like

Type
    intp
    A good example of this is seen with all of those Trump-hating Hollyweirdos who previously dogged on him for his locker room speak
    bUt ThEy ArE tHe OnEs MoLeStInG pEoPLe
    Locker room speak? I guess... that'd be why he's currently facing defamation charges for calling Zervos a liar when she said he greeted her by kissing her on the mouth and grinding his genitals up against her.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Locker room speak? I guess... that'd be why he's currently facing defamation charges for calling Zervos a liar when she said he greeted her by kissing her on the mouth and grinding his genitals up against her.
    I am talking about the moral outrage at the locker room speak predating this incident

Type
    intp
    I am talking about the moral outrage at the locker room speak predating this incident
    When he was describing how he grabbed random women by the genitals?

Is that illegal? Must be illegal... Can men go around just grabbing women by the pussy? Wouldn't "hello" get a better response? I wonder if someone just punched him in the face after he did that?