Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emails on a Saturday

Banned
    Type
    ISFP

Emails on a Saturday

How horrible is it to send an email on a Saturday asking for a favor that concerns the work week?

Asking from a recipient point of view because the only emails I get are spam

How big of a turd am I for sending email on a Saturday is basically what I am asking

Type
    INFJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    I figure there are two kinds of people: those who check and action their mail on the weekends and those who don't.

I'm the former; it doesn't offend me when I get work related email on the weekend. If I figure I need to worry about it "right now" I will, otherwise I mark it for Monday.

I send a lot of work related email on the weekend. A lot of people don't hit me back until Monday. I kind of expect this unless I'm telling them the universe is burning, in which case I follow up with a phone call.

I don't think it's a huge deal, but that's me.
    stupid pancakes.

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by itch View Post
    I figure there are two kinds of people: those who check and action their mail on the weekends and those who don't.
    I check them- texts, voicemails and business related fb, etc. and ignore them till Monday.
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.

Type
    INFJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLatch View Post
    I check them- texts, voicemails and business related fb, etc. and ignore them till Monday.
    I should have said "check and maybe action", though I suppose checking and ignoring is an action; this ^^ is basically what I failed to imply with words. Because I am apparently that lazy.
    stupid pancakes.

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Ugh. I misordered one of the email recipients' hyphenated last names. Someone just take me out back and put me out of my misery already.

[hey can I have a letter of recommendation for entry into this intensive graduate program when I cannot even get the order of a hyphenated last name right]

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by itch View Post
    I should have said "check and maybe action", though I suppose checking and ignoring is an action; this ^^ is basically what I failed to imply with words. Because I am apparently that lazy.
    hey, I already like you. No need to make excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky balbotox View Post
    Ugh. I misordered one of the email recipients' hyphenated last names. Someone just take me out back and put me out of my misery already.

[hey can I have a letter of recommendation for entry into this intensive graduate program when I cannot even get the order of a hyphenated last name right]
    Is it shooting fish in a barrel to talk about superiority and typing now or should that be left unsaid?

Banned
    Type
    ISFP
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLatch View Post
    Is it shooting fish in a barrel to talk about superiority and typing now or should that be left unsaid?
    lay it on thick
    i deserve it

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky balbotox View Post
    lay it on thick
    i deserve it
    pass I know you're freaking out- I feel ya

Banned
    Type
    ISFP

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I send work emails at any time, any day of the week. I sent one yesterday at 3 AM on a Friday night. I don't care when they reply, I assume that they won't read or reply till Monday, and that's fine. Doesn't mean I have to remember what I was gonna say for two fucking days, just to keep up some appearance of having a normal life.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao