Thread: Laser hair growth

Type
    INTP

Laser hair growth

Anyone try a laser hair growth product? The hats are expensive. I'm wondering if I should try one of the brushes.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    What? I thought lasering hair is what the ladies do when they want to get rid of it.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    What? I thought lasering hair is what the ladies do when they want to get rid of it.
    Men do it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    Laser hair removal sometimes causes hair growth. I may be getting the HairMax LaserComb. But like all other hair growth treatments it causes shedding so I'll lose hair before I grow it. Now is a good time to start I guess because winter gives you an excuse to wear a hat, except I may have an event in a couple of months so I may wait.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INTP
    I want a laser I can shoot people with that makes hair instantly sprout and grow wildly from whatever surface I shoot it with.

Type
    INTJ
    I think it is a bit risky to let your hairs removed by a laser, to then hope theyll grow stronger afterwards. I think it is not a good idea.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by maxangel View Post
    I think it is a bit risky to let your hairs removed by a laser, to then hope theyll grow stronger afterwards. I think it is not a good idea.
    If the laser causes shedding, that's supposedly a sign that better hairs are pushing them out and it's working. It's not like you're getting laser hair removal and hoping it grows back stronger. Here's one of the hats. That one got bad reviews. This helmet got good reviews.

The following is a general guideline of what to expect with any laser treatment for hair restoration.

0–3 Months: The first thing you may or may not notice is an increase in shedding. If this is the case, don’t worry. Initial hair shedding is actually a sign that the treatment is working – indicating that new anagen hairs are pushing out the older hairs to make way for healthy new shaft of hair. Some itchiness might be experienced at this point in the process as the arrector pili muscles linked to the follicle contracts.

3–6 Months: Next, you will begin to notice a decrease in hair loss. After the first few weeks of using your device according to the instructions, you will notice that hair is not shedding as much as previously. Do not be discouraged if you don’t see significant change. Keep in mind that preventing progression of hair loss is in itself a success. You may notice that your hair is slightly fuller in the areas that you had noticed thinning.

12 Months: This is the time to evaluate the results of laser therapy. We recommend you take another set of pictures and compare to those you took at the beginning.

24 Months +: This is when you should see the greatest. most impactful results. Expect to see the most you can get from Capillus laser therapy at this point. For as long as you continue to comply with laser therapy, you should maintain a fuller head of hair and cessation of hair loss.