Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "NO FREE SPEECH FOR HATE SPEECH"

People grow up later in life than they used to perhaps. The "terrible twos" now include the twenties or something. Or maybe we just didn't have youtube and millions of portable video cams around before to shine lights on what has essentially always been for a certain percentage of the population. Or maybe just having this new all seeing Eye of Sauron is causing a feedback loop of infantile behavior and attention seeking.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatloveihave View Post
    I don't find you a potential threat to human society, you're not crazy. Feces.

Type
    INTP
    Maybe she'll get charged with a hat crime

Type
    INTP
    Comparing them to two year olds seems accurate...but at least when my kids were two, they resorted to violence/craziness/irrationality when they were any of these: tired, frustrated, unable to communicate what they wanted, not feeling understood, hungry, ignored, or experiencing limitations being imposed upon them for reasons that didn't make sense (to them).

I mean, most of the stuff that SJWs go crazy about is self-fulfilling prophecy by Conservatives and other left haters...calling SJW values stupid, and by extension, those who believe in those values, stupid...it's really not that much more sophisticated to express oneself that way...because the reaction is so predictable...and then when they react predictably, they're provoked in exactly the same way(being dismissed as crazy morons ad nauseum), into exactly the same response(acting like crazy morons).

It isn't hard to earnestly dialogue with SJWs...so I charge their vehement opponents with the same failure to communicate that the SJWs are committing.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    IXTP
    Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    Maybe she'll get charged with a hat crime
    These SJW assholes better keep their little hands off my hat. And my hate.

Type
    xNxx
    Funny 20th century-flavored scrimmages between right and left these days.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    i don't get it, they should just talk on the mic. i also don't get how it's a big deal to use preferred pronouns. i don't think this sort of mutual overreaction deserves a stage.
    I was fine when I came, and fine when I left.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    Or maybe just having this new all seeing Eye of Sauron is causing a feedback loop of infantile behavior and attention seeking.
    I suddenly get Sauron now. His ring was a reflection of his corruption, but he wasn't the source of the corruption. The people were. His Eye caused him to see it all. Sometimes it was like everybody was masturbating--and those were the good days. The bad days they were bickering and backbiting, robbing and raping, pillaging and plundering, drinking and driving--and all of them being insufferably certain they had had an original thought. Most of them wrong on that. But right or wrong they ranged between obnoxious and downright vile.

Imagine living life unable to ignore any Youtube comments. That's Sauron. Poor bastard.

No telling who he'd been able to be before the All Seeing Eye manifest, but it's completely understandable who he became after. /b/ is Mordor. Lite.
    For some, "how", not "why", is the fundamental unit of measure for curiosity. This divergence is neither parallel, nor straight. Where one might have a "why?-5" problem, it might only be a "how?-2" question. But then, there are also many things where the "why?" is immediately obvious but the "how?" is best measured in centuries of perpetual wonder. Both approaches have their drawbacks.

If one is superior, the other is unaware of it.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    I suddenly get Sauron now. His ring was a reflection of his corruption, but he wasn't the source of the corruption. The people were. His Eye caused him to see it all. Sometimes it was like everybody was masturbating--and those were the good days. The bad days they were bickering and backbiting, robbing and raping, pillaging and plundering, drinking and driving--and all of them being insufferably certain they had had an original thought. Most of them wrong on that. But right or wrong they ranged between obnoxious and downright vile.

Imagine living life unable to ignore any Youtube comments. That's Sauron. Poor bastard.

No telling who he'd been able to be before the All Seeing Eye manifest, but it's completely understandable who he became after. /b/ is Mordor. Lite.
    Insight!

Present-day Sauron's Eyes also watch Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, and/or the Food Channel 24/7. I wish people realized that all this bad stuff has always existed; they just didn't see it all before cable TV could concentrate it.
    Your gardening sucks and your avocados ain't fruitin'. -- Sappho the Maestro

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    Insight!

Present-day Sauron's Eyes also watch Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, and/or the Food Channel 24/7. I wish people realized that all this bad stuff has always existed; they just didn't see it all before cable TV could concentrate it.
    Wait...and/or the food channel? One of these things is not like the other. How is my sweet Alton Brown dividing America?

Saurons eye might be watching Guy fieri on loop.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    Wait...and/or the food channel? One of these things is not like the other. How is my sweet Alton Brown dividing America?

Saurons eye might be watching Guy fieri on loop.
    I keed. Fieri is the only Guy I associate with the Food Channel.
    Your gardening sucks and your avocados ain't fruitin'. -- Sappho the Maestro