Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "NO FREE SPEECH FOR HATE SPEECH"

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner

This is a thinker (professor peterson) vs. feeler (professor A.W. pete) debate!

6:20:

A.W. Pete: "Political correctness is code that powerful people use when they're not the centre of attention at any given discussion."

Peterson: "Kindness is the excuse that SJWs use when they want to exercise control over what other people think and say."
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    Funny 20th century-flavored scrimmages between right and left these days.
    have you heard of hegels dialectic?

he basically came up with this idea or maybe just put an existing idea on the academic record where you have a thesis and antithesis which then give rise to a synthesis

So if you are the oligarchic class and you want to control the public you can do it like they did in fuedal times where you basically ruled with an iron fist and killed anyone who disagreed with you or you can use the modern 'democratic' method which is that you give people an illusion of choice so that they believe they are free and thinking for themself

So you create one political party as a thesis and then you offer a counter party called an antithesis and then from the tensions between these two polarities you synthesise the outcome that you want

You can do the same with ideologies too. You can pit for example fascism against communism when really both of them seek to centralise power into your hands over the collective

This way you can keep everyone divided and fighting each other while you rule over all of them

see how the corporate media and education system basically fuels all the drama? That's to create the polarity
    Last edited by mara; 11-23-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Type
    IXTP
    Quote Originally Posted by kari View Post

This is a thinker (professor peterson) vs. feeler (professor A.W. pete) debate!

6:20:

A.W. Pete: "Political correctness is code that powerful people use when they're not the centre of attention at any given discussion."

Peterson: "Kindness is the excuse that SJWs use when they want to exercise control over what other people think and say."
    Mr Peterson has his head on straight.

Tyrants do not think their victims are inhuman. If they did, they would not feel compelled to dehumanize their victims through torture, defacement, and so on. Such actions necessitate the preexisting perception that their victims are human. If this perception ever ceases, so would their urge to perform dehumanizing actions.

Cruelty does not come from viewing others as inhuman. It comes from a need for control. From this need to control springs the urge to dehumanize.

The SJW feels compelled to control and thus to dehumanize.

It also seems to me, that those who score F on MBTI are more likely to dehumanize others to an extreme degree when they become unstable. A T does not have as much empathy, and therefore will not feel such an extreme compulsion to eradicate their empathy through acts of dehumanization.

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner

The asian dude is so wonderfully articulate and calm.

"The message that I get from the progressive movement is that we're all victims all the time.

If I'm a minority and I'm not successful, it's because the White Person is pushing me down.

If I'm white and I'm not successful, it's the 1% that has taken advantage of me.

That's the victim mentality.

It's never your responsibility."

I think progressive movements can exist without this victim mentality: That's balance. You can address societal inequalities without blaming a chimera, because doing so only reinforces current injustices. I think there's a disease infecting the leftist ideology that seriously threatens to undermine genuine causes... I say disease because it's not intrinsic in the ideology...
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Type
    intp

"The message that I get from the progressive movement is that we're all victims all the time.

If I'm a minority and I'm not successful, it's because the White Person is pushing me down.

If I'm white and I'm not successful, it's the 1% that has taken advantage of me.

I think progressive movements can exist without this victim mentality: That's balance. You can address societal inequalities without blaming a chimera, because doing so only reinforces current injustices. I think there's a disease infecting the leftist ideology that seriously threatens to undermine genuine causes... I say disease because it's not intrinsic in the ideology...

Yeah shit, they'd better give the 1% a multi billion dollar tax break cause they're really downtrodden and suffering...

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Thing is, I support leftist causes, all for gay marriage, will use whatever pronouns you want, will respect your identification as dogkin or catkin or bucketkin. But if you resort to hysterics and air horns then you are a child and should be treated as such
    This.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I find that people are becoming less and less able to listen to anything they don't already agree with, even if it's something entirely subjective and inconsequential, like whether or not a movie was enjoyable. The consequence of the connection given us in the information age is that we can afford to "tribe up" over even the most idiotic things and still have people in our camp. How can you possibly learn to tolerate a different political opinion if you've never been required to tolerate anyone who doesn't like your favorite cartoon.

When one person disagrees with what the other is saying, there is an instinctive tendency to start looking for reasons to dislike each other to cushion the blow of being disagreed with. It's human nature and you see it often in the squabbles of children, and far more often that you'd like to think in the arguments of adults (just look at our forum history) I think everyone has the tendency to some degree - perhaps some evolutionary artifacts cause it. The ability to learn to override the tendencies and behaviors brought about by instinct is a hallmark of sentience, or at least I consider it to be, but I also think that one must learn to do so, and the first step is identifying that one's instincts cause a behavior in the first place.

"You made me angry." = "You have more power over my emotions than I do."

TLDR version: If you don't take responsibility for your emotions, you are not utilizing your potential to be sentient.

Extreme TLDR version: Act, don't react.

Edit: I'm not saying anger is never appropriate, just that one should try not to let other people be the ones to flip the switch. I'm definitely not saying no one has the power to anger me against my will (see holiday support group thread, lol), just that these are ideals I strive for.
    Last edited by Sistamatic; 11-26-2017 at 03:50 PM.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx

model minority asians are the worst. they just embrace BLM and anti-racism when times are hard, but at any other time they’re lapdogs for white supremacy, grateful for any crumbs they get.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    model minority asians are the worst. they just embrace BLM and anti-racism when times are hard, but at any other time they’re lapdogs for white supremacy, grateful for any crumbs they get.
    Sure wouldn't mind those crumbs for myself.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Sure wouldn't mind those crumbs for myself.

edit: in all seriousness though, the model minority is used and discarded at the establishment's convenience, that's the whole point. tomorrow it could be another group. and unless that guy actually identifies as "the 1%" it's either pure altruism--the type capitalism loves and encourages--or agreeing to be a lapdog for crumbs.

my thoughts on that summed up: have a little dignity, ffs.
    Last edited by jigglypuff; 11-26-2017 at 08:53 PM.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD