Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Genetic testing

Type
    INTP
    I have 317 "bad repute" things out of 24745. How about you?
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INTP
    Did the 23andMe a year ago and used Prometheus to get more medical information. Nothing life changing or maybe I'm just obtuse.

On the ancestry side it matches up with family history I've been digging up lately - mostly English/Irish with the rest northern European and a tantalizing little trace of Native American. They identified a thousand relatives or so, quite distant for the most part. None with the same last name and few with names I recognize. My wife has very similar ancestry despite being northerners while my family was almost all from the south.

The medical information was interesting with no obvious really bad genes in there.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    184 bad, 1625 good, 10450 not set; total 12259. Seems my test wasn't as complex?
    Last edited by Catoptric; 04-26-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    326 bad out of 24215.

Also I've never really enjoyed pot all that much, and looks like I don't have the genetic makeup to be hard-wired for it (although at risk for cannabis psychosis, so it's a good thing that I'm not into it).

I have a ton of shitty drug metabolizing genes.

Type
    INTp
    I did the National Geographic test.

I share minor lineage with Native Americans, people of the Jewish Diaspora, and Russian Emperor Nicholas II. My ancestry is most commonly found in Germany. But I don't live in Germany, I speak little to no German now except to translate HMI's that factory default to German on bootup, my most recognizable Native American relative (mother) has now passed so no more asides with Native American strangers who want to provoke conversation, and I know of no relatives who ever practiced Judaism or would claim a Jewish heritage.

I have fun imagining the lives of my ancestors and the seemingly random path of my ancestry over many thousands of years. And it all does give me a sense of belonging to the human race in a much wider and deeper way than before. Yeah, the fun and wonder made it worth it for me.
    What's the difference? It's just soda, bro.

Type
    INtP
    23 and me updated their reports!

Now it tells me even more things I already knew about myself, like I'm afraid of heights, have shitty musical pitch, and am likely to get eaten up by mosquitoes.

At least I know sample didn't get switched with someone else's.

Type
    INTP
    I did ancestry.com. I didn't really learn much tbh. They talk about immigration, which is useful, but most of that stuff I already knew because it's not super specific.
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'