Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Genetic testing

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    You guys are gonna be sorry when a custom virus takes over your brains and turns you into a human botnet.
    Assuming we retain the capacity to feel sorrow.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INFP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    Assuming we retain the capacity to feel sorrow.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Colymbosathon ecplecticos BarIII's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    My kit is out for delivery. Now I have to decide whether to skip lunch until it comes so I can use it and bring it to the post office today. I think I will. The results could effect where I move. I want to be near the best hospital for whatever I'm most likely to get. But not in a coastal or low lying area or near tornado alley or an earthquake fault or the Yellowstone supervolcano or a big city.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INTP
    The woman at the post office used a folded box as a spatula to handle the box. Another time I wish I was recording everything. I have to wire myself some day.

I chose to let them store the sample. I may get more results in the future that way and I think I'll be asked to take surveys.

Oh, "EXEMPT HUMAN SPECIMEN" probably scared her.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BarIII; 12-09-2017 at 12:34 AM.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    ISFP
    it sounds really interesting but man 200 euros are 200 euros. i mean, dollars or whatever.
    i believe my heritage is; south american, spanish - celtiberian, german, italian and some afro, what would be super astonishing would be to find out i've always been a jewish. XD
    no hate damn, just a joke. c'mon guys.
    but actually i believe that's really unlikely.
    about medical stuff, i'm not sure if i want to know what's being cooked inside. :S

Type
    INTP
    My...brother of my uncle...second uncle or whatever...told me how a genetic test saved someone's life. I think it was a more targeted test, not 23andme, and it was much more expensive. There are probably examples somewhere of people who discovered a genetic problem and were able to deal with it and minimize it because of 23andme. I'm going to join the 23andme forum and see what they're talking about.

Type
    INTP
    I did it a year or so ago. It showed I had high levels of MAO-B among other things. I tried selegiline (MAO-B inhibitor) and other supplements said to increase motivation, but nothing worked. I'll try them again after taking larger doses of opti-MSM and potassium iodide for a while.

Type
    INTP
    Now I'm being asked to complete a "20 minute" questionnaire that reminds me of a personality test. For the first question I'm trying to choose whether I'm in good, very good, or excellent health. I'm already stumped.

...it's asking if I was ever diagnosed with hair loss. I'm answering yes to these type questions when I'm self diagnosed and very sure.
    Last edited by BarIII; 12-09-2017 at 01:36 PM.

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    Quote Originally Posted by PureViolence View Post
    and some afro

woop woop! power to the people *civil rights fist*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X