xxxx

brutal
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    xNxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    angeles is my fav for right now ...

there's no way for me to relate to that song more literally, since LA isn't a destination for me, it's coming home.
    Yeah, that's interesting. For me LA is this terrifying, exhausting, exhilarating place because I've had to make it home. The words have slowly gathered meaning for me over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    I picture the lyrics as from the perspective of an exploitative industry type full of promises that are unfulfillable. It gives me some small relief that I never really had any success in packaging my artistic endeavors and wound up under the influence of one of these people. I commodified my narrow range of practical competence and sort of left that little creative light inside to atrophy. It's not the best case scenario but I feel like I'd probably have died young if I were under the pressure to mine that vein, which most likely isn't as rich as I'd like to think or at least not rich enough to sate a businessperson. Especially the fragility that Eliot commodified. Recipe for disaster. Also, greatness.
    That's kind of where I'm at with the lyrics now.

Type
    INTP
    I never heard of Elliott Smith but the beginning of Everything Reminds Me If Her reminded me of Ventura Highway. Maybe even his voice. He should cover it.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    I picture the lyrics as from the perspective of an exploitative industry type full of promises that are unfulfillable. It gives me some small relief that I never really had any success in packaging my artistic endeavors and wound up under the influence of one of these people. I commodified my narrow range of practical competence and sort of left that little creative light inside to atrophy. It's not the best case scenario but I feel like I'd probably have died young if I were under the pressure to mine that vein, which most likely isn't as rich as I'd like to think or at least not rich enough to sate a businessperson. Especially the fragility that Eliot commodified. Recipe for disaster. Also, greatness.
    Sketched any strangers lately?
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    INFP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by interprétation erronée View Post
    Sketched any strangers lately?
    I caricatured my least favorite barista yesterday but posting it would be mean-spirited.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP

Last edited by pensive_pilgrim; 12-08-2017 at 12:31 AM.

Type
    xNxx
    southern belle
    that, condor avenue, and no name #4 are so great. his early songwriting is really imperfect but exciting and inspired. that's the cliche i guess.

Type
    INTP
    What music is he? What kind of radio station would play it?
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    I caricatured my least favorite barista yesterday but posting it would be mean-spirited.
    Tisk tisk lol.

You're an interesting pile of bones skin and curves. With the risk of exciting some mirth, I'm gonna say you're Mark Maronesque looking -- in a fuzzy faded memory sort of way. He's not in the news for pedophilia yet so you're safe. You have this face that looks starved for attention (big sad blinking eyes). I have this urge to shrink your down to action figure size and suck on your face and eyeballs, like a lolly pop until it makes saliva noises. My Mom wouldn't even notice if I was a kid again. She'd yank you from my sweaty palms and toss you back in the toy bin. "Quit slurpin on your MoneyJungle toy -- dinner's ready go eat." And there you'd be: savoring the afterglow effects by enjoying a smoke with my GI Joes (silly toy). I've had to teach myself to involuntarily grimace at people, because otherwise I'm instantly hypnotized by their majesty. Once I get a good drool goin' I'm toast. You could say I warm up to people very fast. I'd like to psychically feed off you as long as possible to make what we have last.
    Last edited by interprétation erronée; 12-08-2017 at 03:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    INFP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by interprétation erronée View Post
    Tisk tisk lol.

You're an interesting pile of bones skin and curves. With the risk of exciting some mirth, I'm gonna say you're Mark Maronesque looking -- in a fuzzy faded memory sort of way. He's not in the news for pedophilia yet so you're safe. You have this face that looks starved for attention (big sad blinking eyes). I have this urge to shrink your down to action figure size and suck on your face and eyeballs, like a lolly pop until it makes saliva noises. My Mom wouldn't even notice if I was a kid again. She'd yank you from my sweaty palms and toss you back in the toy bin. "Quit slurpin on your MoneyJungle toy -- dinner's ready go eat." And there you'd be: saving the afterglow effects by enjoying a smoke with my GI Joes (silly toy). I've had to teach myself to involuntarily grimace at people, because otherwise I'm instantly hypnotized by their majesty. Once I get a good drool goin' I'm toast. You could say I warm up to people very fast. I'd like to psychically feed off you as long as possible to make what we have last.
    Thanks! I try to keep my psy-tit lactating and readily available!

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?