Thread: David Goggins

Type
    INTP

David Goggins

I have been watching this guy talk on youtube and I'm impressed.

Watch this video from 1:10 - 3:00 to get an idea of who he is:

But basically he's a Navy SEAL and ultra endurance athlete who has completed insane feats of willpower in spite of coming from a pretty crappy background.

The whole thing is worth watching even though the interviewer is a little obnoxious. The story about running the San Diego 24 hour race is intense.

He talks a little bit about using "the cookie jar" for motivation, which is probably familiar to a lot of us. That mental jar of successes and failures from your own life, that you reach down into for the moments that drive you. He advocates turning to the dark side and harnessing rage and embracing suffering. The warrior mentality, saying and believing "if I die, so be it". He says that he had to build calluses in his mind, make his mind realize that he wasn't going to give it a way out. Most of all he says that all the talk is basically pointless and everyone must find this truth in himself.

I think he's awesome. What do you think?

Type
    ENTP
    Oops

I thought this was a Walton Goggins thread. Disappointing

We didn't land on Plymouth Rock. Plymouth Rock landed on us.

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    I love all impact theory episodes, I honestly think I’ve become a better person by watching them just via osmosis
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Type
    INTP
    I watched about half of it and I really really like what he says. However I feel like I can't really comment directly because I am like an armchair hardass. There have been many times I have chosen the easy path. I am definitely no where near my full potential but overall I have a happy life and I'm ok with that.