1 5.88%
  • Type 9 - Mediator/Peacemaker

2 11.76%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your Enneagram Type?

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    Certainly not the thread for that discussion - but no, those things are totally unrelated.

I was just reading the health levels of the type 5. I could probably put ages on some of these.
    I think I generally alternate between 4 and 5, but at the moment I have some drive to put theory into practice with a few things.

Spoiler:

Levels of Development Enneagram Type 5
    ************************************************** *******************************************
    Healthy Levels:
    1. Level of Liberation

External Behaviors- Visionary, pioneering, profound, knowing, compassionate, enraptured, revolutionary, energetic
    Internal Attitudes- Participating, immediately apprehending, comprehending, clear-minded, awed, trusting, non-attached
    Self-Actualization- Let's go of their identification with a particular self-image, that they are separate from the environment (an outside observer)
    Basic Fear- Of being helpless, useless, incapable, overwhelmed

2. Level of Psychological Capacity
    External Behaviors- Perceptive, "smart", curious, aware, unusual, playful
    Internal Attitudes- Observant, attentive, fascinated, unsentimental, objective, sensory acuity
    Desires- To be capable and competent (to have something to contribute)
    Fear- That they are not smart enough: their perceptions are insufficient to give them confidence.

3. Level of Social Value
    External Behaviors- Innovative, original, skillful, inventive, creative, learning, communicative, tinkering
    Internal Attitudes- Focused, exploratory, open-minded, patient, whimsical, independent, uncompromising, concentrating
    Desires- To master something to gain confidence (to create a niche for themselves)
    Fear- That they have nothing valuable to contribute (unprepared)

************************************************** *******************************************
    Average Levels:Social Role: The know-it-all
    4. Level of Imbalance
    External Behaviors- Withdrawing, preparing, acquiring technique, collecting, studious, practicing, delaying closure, non-conforming, expert, dilettantish
    Internal Attitudes- Conceptualizing, knowledgeable, encyclopedic, model building, abstracting, uncensored, uncertain, "fine tuning", analytic, acquisitive
    Desires- To feel safer and more confident by retreating into their mind and imagination ("Tinker Toy")
    Fear- That others will demand too much from them, their inner world will be threatened.

5. Level of Interpersonal Control

External Behaviors- Preoccupied, interpreting, creating worlds, speculative, impractical, high strung, secretive, compartmentalized, offbeat, flighty
    Internal Attitudes- Detached, minimizing, intense, agitated, ignoring needs, complexifying, absent minded, feel distant, indiscriminate
    Desires- To shut out intrusions (by intensifying their mental activity)
    Fear- That others are attacking their niche/competency

6. Level of Overcompensation
    External Behaviors- Provocative, argumentative, scornful, antagonistic, contentious, prickly, far-fetched, submissive, insensitive
    Internal Attitudes- Extreme, intellectually arrogant, distrusting, cynical, pessimistic, jumping to conclusions, stingy, avaricious, impatient
    Desires- To scare off anyone who threatens their niche/inner world
    Red Flag Fear- That they are never going to find a place in the world or with people

************************************************** ******************************************
    Unhealthy Levels:
    7. Level of Violation
    External Behaviors- Isolated, eccentric, unstable, rejecting, retreating, emptying, burn bridges, dissipated
    Internal Attitudes- Nihilistic, devaluing, dark fantasies, feel besieged, guilt-ridden, no expectations, feel defenseless, impulsive
    Desires- To cut off all connections with the world and people ("to hell with everything")
    Fear- The world is closing in on them

8. Level of Delusion & Compulsion
    External Behaviors- Delirious, hallucinating, projecting, repelling, sinister, chronic insomnia, erratic
    Internal Attitudes- Horrified, distorting, weird perceptions, highly schizoid, overheated/nauseous, resisting all help, manic-depressive
    Desires- To endure their terrors (staring into the abyss)
    Fear- That they can no longer defend themselves (from outside or inside influences)

9. Level of Pathological Destructiveness
    External Behaviors- Self-Annihilating, psychotic breaks, deranged, suicidal, "autistic", annihilating, paralyzed
    Internal Attitudes- Seeking Oblivion, imploded, split off, inner chaos, feel damned, panic stricken
    Desires- To leave "reality", to cease all sensory input, to break away from their own consciousness
    Fear- Basic fear comes true: they are helpless, useless, and incapable

************************************************** ********************************************

Type
    INTP
    You decided to randomly bring up your naked body.

Where did the motivation for that come from? Hindsight, like everything else in your life? As an Eight, I value foresight.

But yeah, anyway.. Back to 5s.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    I could have brought up all I'm doing right now, but that's in progress so although the drive to turn vision and theory into follow through is there, it remains to be proven in reality. So I chose something I have proof of (and am actually quite proud of).

So where is everyone else on the health levels?

Type
    INTP
    What do you mean you "worked out how to change that"

I know they had PE classes back in your day!

What you mean is, you got off your lazy arse and started moving it.

And yea, you are now working on constructive projects at home... Because it took at Eight tell you how blind and oblivious you are to certain things.

You'd still be hapless, otherwise.

And that's why 5's don't make my Elite cut.
    I'd need agents who are Field ready. Your kind belong in a lab, a lecture hall, or no where at all.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    is this thread about enneagram?

5w4 sp/sx (possibly sx dominant idk)

“tritype” 548 if we’re doing that

i only identify with “healthy” levels of type 5 nowadays. probably around a 3. action & creation is important to me and i'm not satisfied with stopping at the fine-tuning or conceptualizing stage.

Healthy Levels

Level 1 (At Their Best): Become visionaries, broadly comprehending the world while penetrating it profoundly. Open-minded, take things in whole, in their true context. Make pioneering discoveries and find entirely new ways of doing and perceiving things.

Level 2: Observe everything with extraordinary perceptiveness and insight. Most mentally alert, curious, searching intelligence: nothing escapes their notice. Foresight and prediction. Able to concentrate: become engrossed in what has caught their attention.

Level 3: Attain skillful mastery of whatever interests them. Excited by knowledge: often become expert in some field. Innovative and inventive, producing extremely valuable, original works. Highly independent, idiosyncratic, and whimsical.

Average Levels

Level 4: Begin conceptualizing and fine-tuning everything before acting—working things out in their minds: model building, preparing, practicing, and gathering more resources. Studious, acquiring technique. Become specialized, and often "intellectual," often challenging accepted ways of doing things.

Level 5: Increasingly detached as they become involved with complicated ideas or imaginary worlds. Become preoccupied with their visions and interpretations rather than reality. Are fascinated by off-beat, esoteric subjects, even those involving dark and disturbing elements. Detached from the practical world, a "disembodied mind," although high-strung and intense.

Level 6: Begin to take an antagonistic stance toward anything which would interfere with their inner world and personal vision. Become provocative and abrasive, with intentionally extreme and radical views. Cynical and argumentative.

Unhealthy Levels

Level 7: Become reclusive and isolated from reality, eccentric and nihilistic. Highly unstable and fearful of aggressions: they reject and repulse others and all social attachments.

Level 8: Get obsessed yet frightened by their threatening ideas, becoming horrified, delirious, and prey to gross distortions and phobias.

Level 9: Seeking oblivion, they may commit suicide or have a psychotic break with reality. Deranged, explosively self-destructive, with schizophrenic overtones. Generally corresponds to the Schizoid Avoidant and Schizotypal personality disorders.
    Last edited by jigglypuff; 12-15-2017 at 06:29 PM.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INXj
    Drawing from the theoretical framework, it is very rare that an INTP can be an 8. Improbable is the word. Enneagram theory deals with fear and motivation. Is power an INTP's primary motivation? Nah.

In MBTI language, Eights are usually ExTJs.

Sinny, you might want to rethink your MBTI type?

I'm 3w4. Level 3 (self-report). That strong drive to be the best that I can be. Self-doubt can be crippling.

Healthy Levels

Level 1 (At Their Best): Self-accepting, inner-directed, and authentic, everything they seem to be. Modest and charitable, self-deprecatory humor and a fullness of heart emerge. Gentle and benevolent.

Level 2: Self-assured, energetic, and competent with high self-esteem: they believe in themselves and their own value. Adaptable, desirable, charming, and gracious.

Level 3: Ambitious to improve themselves, to be "the best they can be"—often become outstanding, a human ideal, embodying widely admired cultural qualities. Highly effective: others are motivated to be like them in some positive way.

Average Levels

Level 4: Highly concerned with their performance, doing their job well, constantly driving self to achieve goals as if self-worth depends on it. Terrified of failure. Compare self with others in search for status and success. Become careerists, social climbers, invested in exclusivity and being the "best."

Level 5: Become image-conscious, highly concerned with how they are perceived. Begin to package themselves according to the expectations of others and what they need to do to be successful. Pragmatic and efficient, but also premeditated, losing touch with their own feelings beneath a smooth facade. Problems with intimacy, credibility, and "phoniness" emerge.

Level 6: Want to impress others with their superiority: constantly promoting themselves, making themselves sound better than they really are. Narcissistic, with grandiose, inflated notions about themselves and their talents. Exhibitionistic and seductive, as if saying "Look at me!" Arrogance and contempt for others is a defense against feeling jealous of others and their success.

Unhealthy Levels

Level 7: Fearing failure and humiliation, they can be exploitative and opportunistic, covetous of the success of others, and willing to do "whatever it takes" to preserve the illusion of their superiority.

Level 8: Devious and deceptive so that their mistakes and wrongdoings will not be exposed. Untrustworthy, maliciously betraying or sabotaging people to triumph over them. Delusionally jealous of others

Level 9: Become vindictive, attempting to ruin others' happiness. Relentless, obsessive about destroying whatever reminds them of their own shortcomings and failures. Psychopathic behavior. Generally corresponds to the Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
    Last edited by Lilith; 12-15-2017 at 06:17 PM.
    We cling to our past as if they define us. What we do defines us.

Type
    INTP
    5w4

Type
    INTP
    This is the hardest typology for me to apply to myself, I can't really get through the questions without reaching choice paralysis.

Take this test for example:

http://www.9types.com/rheti/index.php

With almost every question, I would have to select both options for it to accurately reflect both sides of my personality that I cycle in and out off. I"m pretty much 50/50 down the line.

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    You are most likely a type 8w7

Type 8 - 10.4
    Type 7 - 9.7
    Type 3 - 9.7
    Type 2 - 6.4
    Type 1 - 6.4
    Type 4 - 6
    Type 9 - 5.3

Wing 8w7 - 15.3
    Wing 7w8 - 14.9
    Wing 8w9 - 13.1
    Wing 3w2 - 12.9
    Wing 3w4 - 12.7
    Wing 2w3 - 11.3
    Wing 4w3 - 10.9
    Wing 9w8 - 10.5
    Wing 7w6 - 10.2
    Wing 1w2 - 9.6
    Wing 2w1 - 9.6
    Wing 1w9 - 9.1
    Wing 9w1 - 8.5
    Wing 4w5 - 6.4

hmm weird
    hi sinny

I don't identify with the 8 "controlling people" part and the 7 "avoiding pain" part
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Type
    INtP
    Intps are overwhelmingly ennea 5.

Agree with Lilith that there is mistyping afoot for an intp/8 combo.